PreK Behavior Management System

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by crazycakes, Jul 5, 2010.

1. crazycakes

crazycakes Rookie

Jul 5, 2010

Do any of you use a behavior management system and if so, how does it work and do you feel that it is effective? I am remotely familiar with Conscience Discipline and would also like feedback for preK teachers that implement it in their settings.

3. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jul 5, 2010

Check out Love and Logic and Whole Brain Teaching. Good luck.

4. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Jul 5, 2010

I love conscience discipline(CD). I used Love and Logic before transitioning to CD and I would not go back. With CD the teaching piece is so important. Teaching kids not just to use words, but what words, and why. Teaching kids about deep breaths and self calming, and the connecting rituals. If you do these things consistently in your classroom you behavior problems will be minimal.

5. SamIAm

SamIAm Companion

Jul 6, 2010

I've found Constructive Guidance and Discipline by Marjorie V. Fields and Debby Fields to be a very good resource. It fits my style and has worked well with my kids.

6. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Jul 10, 2010

Here's the Behavior Management system I use in Pre-K, it's a combination of Love & Logic and Conscious Discipline. I have had training in both methods and have used it in my classroom with great success for more than 10 years.

7. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jul 10, 2010

Yes I do a mix between CD and L&L. I do believe in teaching the kids about how to behave and the reasoning behind it. I feel they take it more to heart than just say, "We don't do that at school". Well, why not?????

I don't do a behavior chart because I don't believe that promote good behavior or self-esteem. I do have a "sad -pad" they write their name in - more of a reminder to them they messed up. This is good documentation and if they sign the pad at least they get practice writing their names;0) Of course I teach kinder, but it works right from the beginning of school.