Prek-3rd grade Exam

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by kk123, Feb 25, 2015.

1. kk123

kk123 New Member

Feb 25, 2015

I need help to find updated study materials for the FTCE prek-3rd exam. Did anyone take this test, since it changed??

Any help is appreciated,Thanks!!!!!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 25, 2015

Which state? And is this a subject-matter exam or a professional-practice/pedagogy exam?

4. kk123

kk123 New Member

Mar 1, 2015

Florida's subject area exam.

5. Mzhollywood

Mzhollywood Rookie

Apr 8, 2015

FTCE ADVICE

Good afternnon, I am attempting a career change and have decided to take the FTCE for Prek-3RD any and all good advice is welcomed!

How should I study?

How long should I study?

I am from a non education background. And I am very interested in teaching. I have purchased the FTCE Secret Study Guide since it was the only recent on that has been updated Mar 2014

Thank you everyone

6. Mzhollywood

Mzhollywood Rookie

Apr 8, 2015

I found FTCE Secret Study Guide March 2014 version on Barnes and Nobel

7. teach4USA

teach4USA Rookie

Apr 8, 2015

I just took it, all sections of the new test. The Xamonline new book is out and SPOT ON (great book). I am typically a CliffNotes buyer but lately, XAMonline is more aligned. If you study the book you should pass easily. If you are not a math person (as I am not), study closely that section but the book addresses everything!!!

8. smiko

smiko New Member

Apr 20, 2015

Help with Pre-K through 3 For FL

ok So I took the test Pre-k Through 3 and Failed (3 of the 4 sections) the first time, although I was rushed and didn't study it very thoroughly. I passed the part I didn't study for, Science. So I just re-took it and passed LA and Math. To Prepare myself I studied the FTCE Secrets and the Xamonline version of Pre-k Through 3. I also studies cliff notes version for k-6 for LA and Math. I figured the extra couldn't hurt me and it would give me additional info just in case. So the Dilemma is I can't seem to get the Developmental Questions. I have a Psychology Background so you would think I would be Golden on this part, but It isn't Spot on like others say. Unless they got lucky with their questions. It asked stupid questions it seemed that had Nothing to do with Developmental. Can anyone help with any additional info. Thanks

9. msanc

msanc New Member

Jun 22, 2015

I passed that part last week. What I would tell you see know your people. If you need more help let me know I will try my best.

10. shankfootball

shankfootball New Member

Jun 30, 2015

I am getting ready to take the test in July. Do you have any information or advise that will help me better prepare for each section?

11. Teach954

Teach954 New Member

Jul 17, 2015

What year was the book published that you used to study? I need all the help I can get to pass this test.

12. newbie2015

newbie2015 Rookie

Aug 3, 2015

Hello everyone,

I am a recent career changer and trying to prepare for the FTCE PreK 3 exam. Does anyone have any advice on what to study and what study materials helped with the test? I have been studying out of two main books: FTCE secrets & FTCE (XAM).

13. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 3, 2015

Broadly, the competencies spell out what the test can and cannot cover: if it isn't in the competencies, it isn't on the test. Of course, the competencies comprise more content than can be covered on any one version of the test - or, for that matter, than can be thoroughly taught in a study guide that isn't an encyclopedia. And it's important to note that teacher tests generally test content beyond the grade span covered by the test: this is because a teacher is expected to know content beyond the grade span well enough to (a) correctly judge student performance on tasks in the grade span and (b) equip students with the tools they'll need to learn the content that lies ahead.

I would expect this test to (a) draw on skills and abilities that are taught up through sixth grade at least and (b) expect an adult-level ability to deal with those skills in combination (a math question involves probability AND percents AND fractions) or to reason (a history answer about postcolonialism can't be true of 18th-century Europe because the timeframe isn't POST-colonial (that is, 'after colonies are abolished') and the place wasn't ever really colonized in that sense).

Richard Byrne's blog Free Technology for Teachers, www.freetech4teachers.com, is a good source to begin to look up resources that can help you understand the content.

Don't make the mistake of demanding that the test be just like the practice questions. Instead, use the practice questions as opportunities to practice the tested concepts and principles. Use the questions as sources of terminology to look up on the Internet - and make sure you practice using those terms.

14. lpm28

lpm28 New Member

Oct 9, 2015

Did you ever take your exam? How did you do?

15. Josiahsmommi

Josiahsmommi Rookie

Oct 11, 2015

16. JASITES

JASITES New Member

Oct 15, 2015

I have passed all sections of the test except LA/Reading. I used the XAM book to study but it was no help at all for this section. Do yu have advice on a book to use?