Pregnant and sick

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jeky, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Dec 22, 2009

So I am almost four months pregnant and I swear I have been healthy only a day or two this whole time. Luckily I got my flu shots so that's not a problem, but I keep getting cold after cold!! I was feeling better the past couple of days and then I woke up today with full on watery eyes and uncontrollable sneezing. I don't know what to do to prevent this....I take tons of vitamin C, get plenty of sleep, I'm not around kids right now, drink tons of water, and wash my hands every five minutes.
    Help!!!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 22, 2009

Check with your OBGYN in the morning--- right away, before he or she closes the office for Christmas.

Mine let me take the plain Robitussin-- no initials after it.

Feel better!!

4. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Dec 22, 2009

Oh I forgot about the Robitussin!! My doctor told me the same thing but I forgot about it until just now! Thanks Alice!

5. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Dec 22, 2009

Oh Jeky I feel for you. I too am 4 months pregnant and was sick with some kind of bug last week. Not only are you worried about the baby but you're miserable yourself. I completely understand how you feel. Keep up what you're doing and rest up over vacation!

6. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Dec 22, 2009

I've had major headaches all week :( I hate it...even threw up some blood yesterday...fun times.

I hope you feel better soon!

7. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Dec 22, 2009

Oh no ST. I have to say I HATE Tylenol. It has done very little for my pregnancy headaches. I can't wait to go back to my Excedrin.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 22, 2009

When I was felt my sinus pressure when I was PG I would get a warm rag & lay it across my face. I would also "sniff" apple cider vinegar & equal parts boiling water (boil with apple cider vinegar) & then "sniff" that. It seemed to help some.

9. Jeky

Jeky Comrade

Dec 22, 2009

Tylenol does nothing for me, either! I don't even bother with it anymore :p

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Dec 22, 2009

DITTO! I get the worst headaches, and my tried and true cure is a Coke and 2 Excedrine. But not now! Oh, they kill me...

11. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 22, 2009

For sinus congestion try the netti pot. I totally resisted it when it was suggested to me (some people here might remember that particular evil cold). I had sinus congestion so bad that I ruptured an eardrum blowing my nose. NOTHING worked. I was so miserable that I gave in and tried the stupid pot and it worked!!!! it's kinda gross. You put hot salt water in the pot and pour it through one nostril and out the other. It sounds horrible, but for that cold it was the only thing that broke through the congestion.