pregnant & an overnight fieldtrip

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by karrie723, Sep 20, 2005.

1. karrie723

karrie723 Rookie

Sep 20, 2005

Every year we take our 4th & 5th graders on an overnight field trip. When we take ours this year to St. Augustine, Florida I will be about 7 months pregnant. The trip is only a 4 or 5 hour bus ride. We will be doing alot of sightseeing and walking but no strenuous exercises or anything. I would love to go, but should I? Will my principal allow me? Can he deny me from going on this field trip? Opinions and suggestions needed please.
    Thanks!
    -Karrie :p

3. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Sep 20, 2005

If you're pregnancy is going normally, I don't see why you shouldn't go. Your principal may want a doctor's note saying it's okay, but it's not a disease, so it shouldn't stop you from doing anything your would normally do, IMO.

4. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Sep 20, 2005

I did a seaworld trip pregnant and I have to admit the bus bathroom was LOCKED. Apparently this bus service had a group that they dropped off that morning and reported to our school for our trip and the driver REFUSED to unlock the bathroom! I spent our field trip on the phone with my school and with the bus service company. I was NOT going to be going HOME on the bus if the door was not unlocked!!!

The second bus didnt have the same situation so I did go home on that one. It is the ONLY complaint I had but as you know, a four hour bus ride, having to pee every hour at the least, makes for a challenge. Dont forget, your blood pressure will be elevated by LEAVING school, being so much more responsible. It may not be the most healthiest thing to throw in although I did it!

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 21, 2005

I'd make sure to have your obs number handy & give it to another adult, for that just in case. I know I gave mine to the school secretary when I was about 7 months!!! Just be careful, rest & drink your water!!!!