Pregnacy Update

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Teaching Grace, Nov 18, 2009.

1. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 20, 2009

Checking in on ya this morning....

2. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Nov 20, 2009

Hey ya'll! Just an update :) The doctor came in this morning. In doctor speak (i.e.- reading between the lines) they are out of meds to stop the contractions that I will respond to. The first two that they gave me at the beginning of the week don't work anymore. I started having contractions last night and it took 2 high doses of what I'm on right now to get them to stop. She explained that most preterm is caused by some sort of an infection. They haven't found one in my blood or urine (eww) tests. So it's probably in the amniotic sac. Basically, if my contractions start up again, they'll have to let me go into labor because I'm out of meds that I react to and it's better for her to be out here and out of the infection than in there with the infection.

I did get taken off of the IV this morning (yay!!) as well as the baby monitors on my tummy last night (relief!). She's moving great and her heart rate is great so no problems there. I'm also allowed to get up and move a lot more than I have been. I'll be allowed to take walks around the hospital too. My husband has gone home to shower, change, eat lunch, and then he's going to bring me back slippers and a robe to be able to walk the halls in. Gotta love hospital gowns right ;)

I'm just hanging out watching reruns on tv (Charmed, Reba, etc..) Actually it's almost time for Murder, She Wrote.... sad isn't it? Anyways, I've been surfing the internet too. My mom brought me a word search book the other day (so much more addicting to me than Sudoku). I've done a good quarter of that already.... People at my school are apparently getting together some stuff to come occupy me as well. Of course I work an hour from my school so I'm still waiting to see who they're going to get to bring it out here to me. But here I sit! Thanks for keeping me entertained though ya'll! I love all my friends on here so much more after this experience!

3. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Nov 20, 2009

Hope your morning is going well. I admire your good attitude - no whining (which I would definitely be doing). We are all thinking of you and wishing the best for your baby. Get all the sleep you can - you are soon to enter the sleep deprived era of your life!

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 20, 2009

Glad to here from ya. I hope she decides she needs a little more "roasting" time for ya!!! Glad you are able to be "mobile" a little bit. Whatever happens will be praying for ya!!! When she does make her presence into this world you better give her all sorts of hugs & kisses for those keeping her mommy company!!! LOL!!!

Hopefully you have a name picked out now..or at least a small list!!!

You are like me ... I love word searches!!! I could do those all day long!!!

5. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 20, 2009

The good news is that the rate of bad outcomes at your gestation is the same as for full term pregancies. By the time she reaches her due date, you should have a happy healthy newborn. More hugs and prayers.

6. Teaching Grace

Nov 20, 2009

Just another small update... I lost my mucus plug so it's definitely gonna happen soon! Guess she's going to be as stubborn and independent as her mommy! My husband has been helping with the word searches. I have one where you have to find the words that have to do with a topic... football. I know nothing about it! He's helping me find the last 10 words or so. I started having "irritations" earlier. Not really contractions but definitely not nothing. We'll see what happens.

7. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 20, 2009

She really is in a hurry to meet her family :). Relax as much as you can and enjoy the time with hubby. :hugs:

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 20, 2009

Thanks for the update!!! Hope things all go smoothly as possible now.

9. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Nov 20, 2009

Not sad, great! I wrote four episodes, and every time they air, I get a little extra cash. Keep watching! :lol:

Hope everything is proceeding according to plan with your little one!

10. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 20, 2009

I've recently gotten TV for the first time in my adult life. I've totally gotten into "Numb3rs". I'm truely pathetic. I record every episode...both the new ones on CBS and the reruns on TNT.

11. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 20, 2009

That's cool!!!

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 21, 2009

Are you still hanging in there or is there a new member of your family?!?

13. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 21, 2009

tn2~thanks for keeping us updated!

14. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 21, 2009

Has anybody heard from Tn2 today? I'm thinking that since there's been no activity, she's had the baby. Do we know otherwise?

15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 21, 2009

I was thinking the same thing.

16. Teaching Grace

Nov 21, 2009

Lol, sorry guys no little one yet. I'm still here at the hospital and still pregnant :( I've been having more contractions but I haven't dilated any further or anything. A teacher from my school came and brought a goody bag for me from the teachers. Way way way amazing! I've been reading Stephen King's Duma Key since last night. I actually just finished it. Very good!

The doctor said this morning that so long as nothing else changes they will let me go home Mon, Tue, or Wed....not sounding too promising. But if I was to go into labor after that (since I'll be 34 weeks next Friday) they'll let me deliver. I'm just hoping that I'll have her before then. I know that personally when I take medication, after a couple of consecutive days it stops working. I know that I'm taking it every 4 hours now and about every 3 I'll start with contractions and "irritations".

I can also feel my body getting ready for this little girl to get here. I'm having to wear nursing pads in my bra to make it through the day and I keep feeling the "let down" every now and then. Anyways, sorry to disappoint. As selfish as it is, I wish I could be telling you that I'd had her and was getting to love her while recuperating. Maybe tomorrow!

17. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 21, 2009

We'd really rather know you're resting and still pregnant. Every day she stays in is a good thing. I hope everything stays good.

18. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 21, 2009

THANKS FOR TOUCHING BASE WITH US!!! Glad to hear she wants a few more days!!! Isn't it weird how our bodies just react?!?

Well, she will come in "due" time...LOL!!! Sorry!!! Praying your delivery will be quick for ya once she does decide to "meet ya."

19. Teaching Grace

Nov 21, 2009

Thanks ya'll! The other big change is that (icky) I lost my mucus plug yesterday. Isn't there supposed to be like a time limit after that happens? I figured she'd be here by now after that happened yesterday afternoon. I know that she needs to stay put but gosh am I uncomfortable!

20. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 21, 2009

You can lose the plug days or even weeks before labor in a full term pregnancy. With no signs of infection, I doubt the doctors would push labor at any point after it passes.

21. Teaching Grace

Nov 21, 2009

poo..
    can you tell i'm impatient as all get out!

22. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 21, 2009

I don't blame you. Being stuck in the hospital stinks. At least you get to move around a little bit. I spent over three months with my last baby on strict bedrest. I was allowed up once a week for a shower. That was it. As rotten as it is, it's all worth it in the end. Just hang in there.

23. smalltowngal

Nov 21, 2009

tn2~glad to hear your still pg. I know how impatient you can start feeling when you think it's coming soon and then you have to wait. The more time she's in there though, the stronger/healthier she'll be!

24. Teaching Grace

Nov 22, 2009

Update: My Dr. said that if I stay stable I'll get to go home on Wednesday. If I go home I'll be on bed rest until I deliver. The next time I go into labor I'd be allowed to deliver. Right now, I'm just exhausted...

25. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 22, 2009

I do understand. All the stress of not knowing is exausting, nevermind the stress of leaving your other child home without you. Rest when you can, or meditate to help relax. Every day your little girl stays in there is a good thing.

One thing I can't believe I didn't mention. Go to www.sidelines.org. It's a group that offers support for women on bedrest and/or have NICU babies. They match you up with somebody who experienced similar complications as you, and she is there to commiserate with for as long as you need her, either by phone or email. I would not have survived three extremely high risk pregnancies without them.

26. Teaching Grace

Nov 25, 2009

I'm going home!!! The doctor just came in and checked me, I'm still at 4cm. I get to go home :) I can't believe it!!! I am so excited!! They're sending me home with a prescription so that the contractions stay at bay and I have to come into the office next week to be checked.

27. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 25, 2009

Good luck Tn2

28. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 25, 2009

Yay!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

29. smalltowngal

Nov 25, 2009

Great news, tn2!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

30. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Nov 25, 2009

Great news! Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

31. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Nov 25, 2009

That's great! Have a great Thanksgiving!

32. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 25, 2009

Wonderful news!!!! :)

33. Teaching Grace

Nov 25, 2009

I'm so relieved to be home! It has felt great to just be in my own house again. Of course as "easy" as I was taking it my mom and husband kept yelling at me repeatedly to sit down. I also got to take a nap this afternoon in my own bed. MY GOSH! It felt great!

34. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 25, 2009

YAY!!! I hope you have a great Turkey day!!!

35. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Nov 25, 2009

That's wonderful! Enjoy your Thanksgiving at home and let everybody else do the work!! You've got a more important job.

36. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Nov 30, 2009

Any more updates?

37. Teaching Grace

Nov 30, 2009

I'm still at home on bed rest. I'm supposed to be going to the doctor's on Wednesday for a check up. Until then, unless I go into labor, I'm just hanging out at home, relaxing, surfing the net, and watching tv.

38. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Dec 1, 2009

How far along are you now?

39. Teaching Grace

Dec 1, 2009

I'm 34 weeks and 4 days

40. Teaching Grace

Dec 2, 2009

UPDATE!

I went to the doctor today. I am still 4 cm and 50% effaced. So no change from last Wednesday :) I'm still on bed rest and still on my meds. The medicine alone should get me to almost 37 weeks at least. If I don't go into labor after that point, they may or may not induce me at 39 weeks.