Pre-Student Teaching Fail

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by sammyiam23, Apr 13, 2020.

1. sammyiam23

sammyiam23 New Member

Apr 13, 2020

I failed student teaching last semester! I reapplied for the fall, but not 100% sure if I will be approved to retake it. I couldn't imagine doing anything else. My mentor teacher and I didn't see eye to eye and I felt she didn't like me from the start and wasn't open minded. I was really burnt out! It caused me to fall asleep while she was teaching. I felt horrible afterwards and apologized right away. My lessons didnt go according to plan and I felt super nervous whenever I was being observed. My nerves got the best of me. I am hoping to retake it, but if I don't I was thinking of getting my degree in Elementary/Special education without being certified and completing a post-bachelor program. Has anyone ever been doing the Michigan Teachers of Tomorrow program. I was thinking as that as an alternative. I feel like a failure and no what I did was wrong, but I know what to expect now and I want to improve. Does anyone know of other alternative programs? Did you fail pre-student teaching?