Pre Phone Interview Question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissH225, Jun 1, 2009.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Jun 1, 2009

I have a phone interview tomorrow for a new charter school that is opening this fall. They also want a written response to the following question before the interview, what are your thoughts?

Part of the mission of**said school** is to be a 21st century school. What does this mean to you and how will you bring that to your classroom as a teacher at **said school**?

Any help would be appreciated, this school seems like it has a very daunting interview process!! Obviously I'm going to include something about technology

3. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2009

You could write about being innovative in these areas - differentiated instruction, technology, strategies for reaching economically disadvantaged children and ELLs...

Hmm...

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 1, 2009

I was also going to mention the above.

Good luck!

5. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jun 1, 2009

I think that when schools are innovative today they are mainly talking about technology. I would talk about the technology training that you have had and how your plan would be to get more training so that the technology the school would acquire would be put to best use by this training. I would also talk about your willingness to learn new things and your excitement in helping students to move into the 21st century by being on the cutting edge of what is new in the world of technology graphics, learning games, inquiry into research techniques made available to students today and how to best use search engines, and smart technology. I would show that you are willing to stay on top of the teaching strategies to make your classroom technologically savvy.

6. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2009

Incorporating technology (utilizing computers for blogs, projects, games, virtual field trips, SMART Boards if available and anything else that they may have) whenever possible, culturally relevant teaching, social justice, teaching a wide variety of ability levels in your classroom. Good luck!

7. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Jun 1, 2009

Thanks guys...take a look at what I wrote. I'm sure there are some grammar/spelling stuff and probably some areas I need to elaborate (but I don't want to have too much b/c it is a pre interview question). Feel free to critque...today was the first day of day camp and I'm exhausted. I got the email about this about 30 minutes ago and it's due at 8am...

Being a 21st century school means to be innovative in many areas. Students will enter my classroom at a variety of different levels. It will be my responsibility to reach and teach every student who enters my classroom. Through differentiated instruction I will provide all students with opportunities to succeed in the classroom. I plan to also make sure students who are economically disadvantage and English Language Learners (along with others) are being supported in my classroom. These groups of students are on the rise in the 21st century. As a teacher it is important to recognize this growing population and keep up on the best ways to teach them. Teaching culturally relevant material is also is important when working with students.
    Technology is also a huge part of being a 21st century school. It is important to incorporate technology into my lessons. Using the computer for class projects, support for struggling students, games and even enrichment for advance students is necessary in today’s world. I have taken computer classes throughout my college career and I am able to create websites, keep a blog, use email and all Microsoft programs. I would also love to have more training when it comes to technology. Technology is something that is always changing and I want to make sure I am always keeping up with these changes for my students. This will help my students and I succeed in the future.
    A strong academic environment is crucial for students in the 21st century it is also important for students to be educated in other areas. Students need to lean life skills such as respect, responsibility, and honesty in order to be successful in life. They also need to learn to be positive members of their community and to make good life decisions. My students will know that nothing is impossible, that I believe in them and will become great members of society.

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 1, 2009

Can you flip it around to where you can make the students the focus, what are they going to do in your classroom?