Pre-K thru 3 sae test

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by Shontasue1, May 30, 2010.

1. Shontasue1

Shontasue1 Rookie

May 30, 2010

Just wondering if anyone had any tips or insight on the pre-k thru 3 FTCE exam. Taking it on Tues and if there are things I should take a look at I'd love to know.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 30, 2010

Welcome back to A to Z, Shontasue1. I think you'll find more information about this test, and about other states' tests for something like the same age range, on the Multiple Subject Tests subforum, so I'm moving this thread there.

4. Shontasue1

Shontasue1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2010

I passed I passed I passed my pre-k thru 3 test the first time out. Wow.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 1, 2010

Congratulations, Shontasue1! It's not that unusual an accomplishment, in fact, but I'm tickled for you!

6. Shontasue1

Shontasue1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2010

Just the pat on the back would have been nice, and not the slight of how easy it is to do. For me who does not consider herself to be a good test taker and with my promotion riding on these tests, I am very proud of my accomplishment on the FIRST TIME TRY. This also means that another $200 dollars plus does not come out of my pocket.

7. sunshine26

sunshine26 New Member

Jun 10, 2010

Shontasue1, I'm going to take this exam. Please let me know what I need to focus on for this exam.
    Thanks! sunshine26

8. Shontasue1

Shontasue1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2010

Hope I am not too late in replying. What I did was take the practice test in the little study packet from the school district and everything like the definitions of answers I didn't know I looked up. They ask about how a room should be organized and how you run your day, really common sense stuff for the classroom. Think what's in the best interest of the children, what would an administrator or school principal say, not really you as the teacher. If they walked into my class and asked me x what would THEY expect as an answer. Oh and they did ask some questions twice but in a different way.
    Can't wait to hear that you passed.

9. jkingschool

jkingschool New Member

Jun 20, 2010

Thinking about K-6 SAE

Shontasue - I've taught 8-12th grade History and am considering taking the K-6 SAE. How would you compare it to the GKE? Do you recommend any review books? Or is it all common sense teacher questions?

10. Shontasue1

Shontasue1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2010

[/U]

The K-6 is very similar to the GKE the good thing is if there is one area you don't do well on that is the only section you will need to take for the GKE. The Elem K-6 mixes seemed to me to be a lot of different tests mixed in with this one. I do think the GKE was more skills based, questions that could only have one answer and K-6 was a bit more tricky. Be prepared to answer some art, music and phys ed questions on K-6 as well.
    Hope this helps and good luck!

11. Shontasue1

Shontasue1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2010

Oh books. I would goto a Borders and look thru the Cliffs test prep book and the best teachers prep book compare them both and see which one is in the best language for you. The best teacher test prep book has versions with a CD for test practice.

12. Shontasue1

Shontasue1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2010

Passing with Prayer

Teacher Groupie can we start a thread called passing with prayer, cause that's how I passed my professional exam today on the first try no less. Prayer and other people praying. At any rate I passed two down one to go.

13. jah74

jah74 Rookie

Jun 18, 2011

I am thinking about taking the prek-3 test as well... Is there anything specifically that was challenging? How did you study for the test? Was there any questions that completely threw you off?

Thanks!
    Jen

14. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 18, 2011

I missed your post, Shontasue1... but I will tell you that NO one ever passed one of these tests solely on the power of prayer, or luck, or whatever: the test taker who passes has necessarily brought SOMEthing to the table.

jah74, welcome to A to Z. Feel free to ask about the content or format of the test, but be aware that forum rules prohibit actual specific test questions. (There are good reasons for this. The testing companies - plural, not just NES - do monitor forums like this, and they can and will crack down on those who divulge actual specific test questions. In case you wonder how the companies have that right, it's contained in the paperwork that all test takers complete on signing up for a teacher test and again on the day of the test.)