Pre-K/Primary-3rd SAE/FTCE

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by Xuan, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Xuan

Xuan Rookie

Apr 28, 2006

I been looking all over the net for competencies for Pre-K Primary-3rd and I can't seem to find it. :( I have to take the test soon to be hired on and I don't downloaded a study guide and some questons and I only missed 8 of the questions. A lot of the test seem like common sense but there are a lot scenarios that I am not familiar with. I want to be fully prepared for this test in about two weeks. Can I find books on this to study from besie XAM? Should I just follow the study guide I already purchased. I hear a lot about the
    K-6 test but I don't want to teach beyond 3rd grade.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 29, 2006

There's a list of competencies for K-6 that's free for the downloading at http://www.firn.edu/doe/sas/ftce/pdf/ftcomp60.pdf. While I appreciate that you are not taking quite that test, the test you're taking almost certainly covers at least some of the same terrain.

You might also want to check into the Tests at a Glance documents for the Praxis II exams in early childhood and the like - go to http://www.ets.org, click on Praxis, click on the Tests at a Glance link, then click on the link for tests listed in order (rather than by state). Once you see the PPST exams, scroll down past them to the Praxis II exams, of which there are LOTS - and several should cover material that you need to cover. Click on the five-digit number next to each test to download its Tests at a Glance document, which includes a rundown of what's tested plus some sample questions. Use the rundown of what's tested as a source for Terms You Gotta Know, and look those terms up on the Internet.

4. adria

adria Comrade

Apr 29, 2006

Hi, you said that you want to prepare for the test within two weeks. May I ask where are you taking the test. The reason why I asked is the next test is June 4th and July 22nd. Is the test being offered on the computer...the only thing I can suggest is reading an early childhood text.

5. Xuan

Xuan Rookie

Apr 29, 2006

I haven't register yet but I called the testing facility at FCCJ downtown and they said that they give these test on the computer everyday and every other Saturday of the month. I was thinking of taking it on a Saturday in two weeks because I have to go home to Houston to work with my family business all of June and the principal wants to hire me by the end of May. It is all cutting it pretty close and it is a lot of pressure because I don't know if I can pass the first time. I here all kinds of things about this test and being a non-education major it is kind of intimidating.

Thanks for all the help! I am glad I found this forum. :)

6. Xuan

Xuan Rookie

Apr 29, 2006

No the test isn't offered on the computer..

:( I just tried to registered and found out that it wasn't offered. Only certain test are offered on the computer. I guest I should take the K-6 test. So where did you find the registration for the PreK-3rd test? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

7. adria

adria Comrade

Apr 29, 2006

you can go online to www.fldoe.org and you can click on teacher certification I think you have to explore the site but I know for sure that a paper test is offered on June 4 and July 22...you can explore the site some more and request for some testing booklet...I am sorry that you are not able to take the test in time. But for sure you can take the K-6 on the computer..good luck

8. Patty

Patty New Member

Jun 7, 2007

Has anyone had any success find study guides for ftce primary Pre-K through 3rd grade? I haven't had much success finding a reliable study guide for the exam.

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 7, 2007

With the help of the Competencies document and the Internet, it should be possible to pull together your own study guide. And you can contact other test takers here on A to Z.

10. boricua

boricua Rookie

Jul 8, 2007

HI !!!

Hi Patty 1

I'm taking the PK - 3 test in a few weeks and I have called several places for a study guide for those grades., but no luck. I bought the FTCE K - 6 . Someone told me that there are only 120 scenarios and you can miss 28 to be able to pass it.If I find anything I will let you know.

11. boricua

boricua Rookie

Jul 9, 2007

SAE PK- 3

OOPS !! Wrong information was given to me so discard what I wrote you. You need to pass the test with 200 points or more. GOOD LUCK !!

12. Mindy73771

Mindy73771 New Member

Jun 12, 2008

FTCE Pre-k/Primary grade 3 Exam Study Guide

Hi, I am planning on taking the Pre-k/Primary FTCE next month. It is finally on the computer! Can anyone direct me to a good study guide or website to help me prepare? Thank you!!:)

13. boricua

boricua Rookie

Aug 2, 2008

I took it last year ans passed. the k-6 study guide will not help you. I downloaded the guide from FL Dept. of Education and it did not help much.Like you said most scenarios are very similar and the answers seemed all correct. There is a Pk- 3 study guide I couldn't find it but I know there is one. My advice take it again, read carefully and take your time. I wish you lots of luck!!!