Pre-K/K Jobs

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by gpsysngbrd, Aug 9, 2013.

1. gpsysngbrd

gpsysngbrd Companion

Aug 9, 2013

Easy question but just because my brain is on overload - wondering what kind of jobs you have on your job chart

3. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 9, 2013

No Job Chart

I gave up doing a jobs chart with individual student jobs a long time ago. I chose a "leader of the day". That person does the calendar/weather, delivers mail to the office, leads the line, passes out papers, says prayer for snack, feeds the pet, and runs any class errands. The leader does it all for the day, then a new leader in picked the next day. I chose the leader out of a pocket on the board that has each child's name in it. It is displayed on the board until we chose a new leader, then placed in the done pocket. I do not miss the multiple jobs with individual helpers.

4. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 9, 2013

Line leader, door holder, teacher assistant (helps pass out papers), chair managers (we have to stack up chairs at the end of the day and they also check to make sure they are all pushed in when we leave the tables). I started using a line manager last year-they walk down the line and give a thumbs up to those doing the right thing. Soap managers too-one boy and one girl.

5. gpsysngbrd

gpsysngbrd Companion

Aug 10, 2013

skerns I kind of like that idea too. I mean Im the teacher who made a clip chart with green as "good job" instead of Ready to Learn so I have to worry about moving less clips ;) I did make a job chart with room for lots of jobs just in case mostly because its so cute with my Disney theme

6. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 10, 2013

You could make the leader names on mickey ears cutouts to draw a name from and made a cute chart the says the "Leader of the Day" that is Disney themed to display the leader on.

Oh, you might like the Disney inspired Christmas bulletin board I did last year.

[​IMG]

7. gpsysngbrd

gpsysngbrd Companion

Aug 10, 2013

Thats what I was thinking - I have a lot of the Mickey head paintchips they used to have at Home Depot (I made luggage tags out of them)

Please share the bulletin board! Apparently we have to change our doors and boards every month!

8. skerns

skerns Companion

Aug 10, 2013