Praying this is it!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mommyserenity, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jan 10, 2010

Found out today, from my mentor teacher where I did my student teaching, that one of the kindergarten teachers isn't coming back. She was supposed to retire in May, but decided that she was done and not going to finish the year. The school has decided to place a LTS into her spot to finish out the year and will be hiring for this position for fall. I can't even tell you how much I want this job! My mentor is going to try her best to see if she can help me out...but there will be a lot of people wanting this position. The only edge may be that I did my ST in one of their inclusion kindergarten classes and the admin is considering making this open position an additional inclusion class for fall and I will have dual cert. in Spec Ed.

3. amochoa

amochoa Rookie

Jan 10, 2010

Good luck! I hope you get it.

---------------------------
    “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.”

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 10, 2010

Good luck!

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jan 10, 2010

Good luck!

6. kpteacher

kpteacher Rookie

Jan 10, 2010

Don't stand back..put your portfolio handout together and get it to the principal asap! I would hand deliver it and say you understadn that there is a potential position, I have my portfolio that I would like to submit as an applicant...you have to make the move..get on top! If it's anything like jobs here in PA you have to do everything you can..

7. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jan 10, 2010

Best of luck! And I agree with kpteacher, get a packet together and get it to the principal ASAP. Fingers crossed for you.

8. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jan 10, 2010

Thanks everyone!

I plan to have my packet of info hand delivered to the principal and all the APs immediately. My mentor is also going to try to go in and mention to one AP how much she'd love to have me on her team!

9. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Jan 11, 2010

Good luck, it sounds so promising! :)

10. Simba

Simba Comrade

Jan 11, 2010

Get that LTS position!

11. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jan 12, 2010

The LTS position is already filled with someone that was doing sub work in another class earlier in the fall. So, they won't rehire for that. they will be looking to fill that spot full time for fall and that is what I want!

12. Lovely Jenny

Lovely Jenny Rookie

Jan 13, 2010

Good luck!

That's the spirit! You have greater chance of landing the job if you continue to be optimistic and confident about yourself. Good luck!

13. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jan 14, 2010

Wish I could say my confidence is still as high as it was a few days ago, but it is waning. Waiting on my certificate to be updated by the state (I just finished my M.Ed) and needing that updated certificate in my hands before I plop these packets down on principals desks makes me feel like I am just one of millions of applicants. I know going in that I am up against lots of competition and we just heard our local county is cutting more funding. Ugh! Wow....all I want is a job...who knew it was going to be this tough.

14. Jenstc2003

Jenstc2003 Companion

Jan 15, 2010

You have precisely the certification and experience that I'd hope for in a teacher for that class... I would drop off my packet anyway, with a note saying that you will bring in your updated certificate when you get it. That would get it in front of them now, AND it gives you an automatic second chance to speak to someone about it (when you drop the certificate off). Wish you all the best!

15. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jan 15, 2010

I'm giving up on applying all together at this point. Got my new certificate from the state today and because my M.Ed is from out of state they did not issue me a clear, renewable certificate as I had hoped. They did issue me a certificate, but its only a three year non-renewable in my field. No one wants to hire NR certificate teachers, so why even try. Even better....I can flip my certificate to clear, renewable if I go thru a 1 yr supervised practicum but I can't even apply for the program unless I have a full time job offer from a public system. It's hopeless. :(

16. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Jan 15, 2010

Dont give up! My credential is not clear, it's a preliminary 5 year credential. When I applied for my job in August, I was told there were 600 applicants, all of whom I was sure were more qualified than me, who had only taught 2 years as an intern! But miracle of miracles I was chosen. Apply anyway and prove to them you are the right one for that job! :)

17. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2010

If you give up, then YOUR job will go to someone else, someone who won't be as good with the kids and give them the kind of education they need and deserve.

18. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Jan 16, 2010

Best of luck... kindergarten is the best. :D