Prayers

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by teacherintexas, Mar 7, 2008.

1. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 7, 2008

If any of you knew me in "real life", you would know I was a Christian from the crosses I wear, and hopefully from my actions, but that I am not overtly religious and have a quiet, personal relationship with God. For my quiet time in prayer, I have several favorites that I found when my husband was so sick and when it became obvious that his time on earth was limited. They gave me such comfort that I wanted to share them so perhaps they can comfort others in their times of need.

The first prayer helped me get through the days when my husband was in the hospital. The second prayer helped me when I wondered and questioned why my husband had to be stricken with such a horrible disease. The last prayer was read at my husband's funeral, and I read it daily during the last weeks of my husband's life and I think it helped me put aside the sadness somewhat and let me make the most of our time together.

I hope these prayers can help someone else as well. :hugs:

When I Have Anxiety, Fear, and Discouragement

Lord, I give all of my anxiety and fear to You. I surrender my hold on them and release them into Your hands. I life my eyes to You, for You are my help in time of trouble. I will praise You in the midst of all that happens in my life. I know that in Your presence I don’t need to be anxious or afraid of anything. I refuse to entertain discouragement and instead choose this day to find my encouragement in You. Your love comforts me and takes away all my fear. Your power in my life gives me strength and makes me secure. Thank you for giving me the courage to go forward and fulfill the destiny You have for me.

When I Don’t See Answers to My Prayers

Lord, I know that what I may see as unanswered prayers may not be unanswered at all. It means that You are answering according to Your will. Whether I understand Your will or not doesn’t affect the fact that I trust it and praise You for it. Thank you for your unfailing Word and that You always keep Your promises to me. I thank You that Your power is infinite. Your judgments and Your will are perfect, and I trust them. Whether or not my prayers are answered the way I pray them, I will praise you and worship You above all things. For You are my Wonderful Counselor, my Everlasting Father, my Stronghold in the Day of Trouble, and my Resting Place. I rest in You today.

When I Suffer Great Loss, Disappointment, or Failure

O God, You are Lord over heaven and on earth and Lord over my life. I praise You, my precious Redeemer and King. I thank You that You are a God of redemption and restoration. I surrender to You all my grief or sadness over any loss, disappointment, or failure I have experienced and praise You in the midst of it. I thank you, Holy Spirit, that You are my Comforter. Lord, I thank You that You allow no suffering that is without purpose. I know that You are a good God and what You allow will be used for good. I draw close to You in praise and worship, and put my hope in You, for with You there is mercy and redemption.

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 8, 2008

teacherintexas, thank you so much for sharing these prayers.

4. heart4kids

heart4kids Rookie

Mar 8, 2008

praying for your family. thank you for your openness during this difficult time and for these prayers. **hugs**

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 8, 2008

Thank you for sharing these with us.

6. Carmen13

Carmen13 Groupie

Mar 10, 2008

May you find comfort in God and in God's creation, teacherintexas. You do have a blessed heart.