prayers needed for a mentor

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by boogaboo214, Sep 10, 2007.

1. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Sep 10, 2007

one of my college professors which i idolize and that has shown me what real passion in teaching is told me today that he has prostate cancer and he has had polysistic kidneys for aver a year now and the issuse with the prostate cancer complicate his prior illness. He loves teaching so much that he is giong to try to wait until december to have the surgery just because he doesn't want to not finish his semester. He could retire at anytime but has chosen not to for the last several years just because teaching is his life. he has had a rough time, 2 of his sisters past away last school year and his neice died at only 38 years old and that same week he found out about the cancer. He really needs all the prayers he can get because to lose such a caring and loving individual who has touched hundreds of lives would be a devistating blow to our school and our community.

thank all of you for any prayers you give

pamela:(

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 10, 2007

I will keep your mentor in my prayers. It would be a shame to lose such a great teacher with a passion that you describe. On a side note, congrats on the boy!!

4. mstemple05

mstemple05 Cohort

Sep 10, 2007

Congrats on the boy, beautiful name!

And i'll be praying for your mentor. Losing so many loved ones around him could cause him to lose hope. But that's beautiful that teaching is the one thing that drives him and pushes him stick around. Hopefully it will bring him out stronger and better than ever!!