Prayers Needed (baby)

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by Starista, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 12, 2007

I just found out two days ago that I am pregnant.

I've never been pregnant before and am very, very scared and delighted at the same time.

I thank God every day for sending me that most amazing man to call my husband and the most wonderful set of parents that a woman could have asked for.

I will see the doctor on Monday the 16th to confirm the pregnancy (4 tests from Wallgreens came out positive) and just hope and pray that the baby stays happy and safe and grows.

I'm very nervous since it's so early in the pregnancy (I would be on week 6) and want to do -everything- and -anything- to ensure a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Thank you in advance for your prayers. :love:

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2007

Congratulations!!!!!

I know it's natural, but try not to be scared. Your body knows what to do... you just need to listen to your body.

So get plenty of rest-- before long your body will tell you that there' s no choice in that department. Drink as much water as you can. Eat a variety of different things. And live life as normal. Aside from the obvious (no smoking, drinking, skydiving...) you can do everything you did 6 months ago. If you run every day, you can continue to do so, although in moderation. You can do housework, go up and down stairs-- everything.

Start taking prenatal vitamins. If you haven't yet seen your OBGYN, hit CVS and ask about them. To be honest, they taste awful, but they're good for the baby.

I was 40 when we adopted Brian, then 42 when I gave birth to Julia and 45 when I gave birth to Kira. I'm guessing that I have a decade or two on you-- things will be fine!

Feel free to ask anything you want; lots and lots of us have been in your shoes!

4. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 12, 2007

Hi! :)

Thank you SO much for your reply!

I will be 29 this September. :)

I am just nervous as this is so early in pregnancy that I want to do -everything- right.

Can I still have spicy foods?

What about coffee in the morning? Or my beloved chocolate?

I had JUST started exercising this past Monday, going for walks. Can I still do this? It's REALLY hot and steamy where I live (South Florida) and don't know if being outside and exercising like that would be harmful to the baby?

I am so totally exhausted but haven't been too sick yet. I do feel nauseous after I eat lunch though, I don't know why.

I am working with 3 & 4 year olds this summer and wow are they draining!!!!!! So different from what I am used to (grade one).

Thank you for listening.

:love:

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2007

I'm not a fan of spicy foods. They won't hurt the baby, but might not agree with you. Hold off till you see the OBGYN.

Coffe is fine--as long as it's decaf. Caffeine is a drug, and you don't want the little guy all hyper. Chocolate has much less caffeine; it's fine. In fact, one treat I loved was sugar-free hot chocolate. The extra calcium was never a bad thing.

The walks are fine, although I would hold off on any marathon training. Mother Nature/ God has this really cool trick: the baby is inside you so that almost anything you do effects you before the baby. So he/s in a temperature controlled enviornment-- that humidity will effect you first. Go walking early in the AM, bring some water, and stop and rest when you need to! Keep your route circular so you're never really far from home.

I was one of the unfortunate ones who had lots of morning sickness. Hopefull you won't be. But even my daily bout of YUCK ended with the end of that first trimester, and both times (like you) that first trimester took place over the summer. Mine tended to be worse after that prenatal vitamin, so I learned to take them at night and then lay perfectly still in bed to ward off the naseousness. Start carrying saltines EVERYWHERE if you're getting ill after lunch. And think about smaller, more frequent meals-- that helps too.

Happily, your baby will arrive as a newborn, so you'll work up to the point where they have all that energy. My first pregnancy was a real riot, with a 1 year old already in the house.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2007

Like Alice...CONGRATS!!! What an exciting time for you!!
    I did pretty much everything as well...I did avoid the drinking (not a big drinker anyway) & for me I just put chocolate on hold because of the caffeine. I even found 99.9% caffeine hot chocolate. I would make hot chocolate or put in on top of my ice cream.

If you have cats you may want to find someone to clean the litter boxes...there is something in their you should avoid as a pg lady!!!

I didn't know I was pg until a was a few months along...I was very sleepy. I would come home & nap!!! I walked with my pg until I was ready to pop!!! I just did it either in the morning or at sunset.

I was like you didn't have sickness, only a couple of times. But I took my prenatal vitamin at nite & I always ate a small bowl of oatmeal before bed so I'd feel full.

Again, like Alice any questions...ask away...pm me anytime!!!

7. GardenDove

GardenDove Habitué

Jul 12, 2007

Eat greens, they have folic acid, and they're very important in pregnancy. One cup of coffee in the morning shouldn't hurt the babe. Moderate exersise and avoid junk food. Ditto on not cleaning litter boxes.

How exciting for you!

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2007

I forgot to add: hit the bookstore and pickup a copy of "What to Expect when you're Expecting." It will answer questions you didn't know you had.

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2007

I read Your Pregnancy week by week. Loved it could read it by week and be done!!! It gives you info about How big is baby, How big are you, How baby growing & developing, Changes in you, How your actions affect baby & you should also know...these are the sub titles for every week. I gave it to a friend & she liked it beeter that the Expecting, book because she could just read a section or 2 & go on to whatever else. I LOVED IT...I would read my week & usually the next week to see what was coming.

10. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 12, 2007

Thank you, thank you, thank you all so very much! :love:

11. musicteach

musicteach Companion

Jul 12, 2007

Congratulations! I'm 30 weeks pregnant right now with my first...a girl! The best advice I can give you is to not worry and enjoy every minute of your pregnancy...it goes by so quickly! I-like you-was extremely exhausted in the first trimester and nauseous, but I never got sick. By week 11 I was feeling great again-you get so much energy back in the 2nd trimester!

If you haven't already found it, this is such a neat website that gives a little info and shows pics of babies at each week of development...It's so neat! http://www.pregnancy.org/pregnancy/fetaldevelopment1.php#week7Also, there are some great message boards to join on babycenter.com where you can talk to women who are at the same stage of pregnancy.

As far as walking goes...it's great for you, but make sure you don't overheat and you should drink water before, during, and after your walk. Here's an article with tips for walking during pregnancy: http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/pregnancyfitness/7863.html

Anyway, feel free to ask me any questions or pm me...I'll check back on this thread!

Melissa

12. I want to TEACH

I want to TEACH Companion

Jul 12, 2007

How wonderful!! Congrats and best wishes to you & your family!

13. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2007

Hey, New mommies to be...I have posted this a lot but here I go again...
    MUSIC TEACH..CONGRATS TO YOU AS WELL!!!
    The first 3 send coupons...nice to have to save a little money. From my experience huggies sent a little sample pack & enfamil sent me 2 cans of formula (if taking this route).

Any other questions feel free to pm me!!!

14. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2007

Similac too.

Anything you don't use you can always donate to a food pantry!

15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2007

Alice...I didn't sign up for similac...do they send tons of coupons as well??? I know enfamil sent coupons 2-3 times a month for the first couple of months.

Or to a friend...that's what I did...I didn't use the formula, but had a friend that didn't sign up & I gave her the formula & the coupons I got!!!

16. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2007

Yes, they did. Also some samples. (Although my youngest child is 4, so things may have changed!)

But either way, anything you don't use doesn't have to go to waste!

(I also saved my samples in the pantry as "just in case"... just in case I somehow ran out of formula or something. I always knew I had that emergency stash.)

17. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2007

Good for you
    Now being a man I can't give you any advice to you but let me give your Husband some advice:
    1st get as much sleep as you can NOW because once the baby comes YOU the Daddy should take the night time feedings and changing. (The mom will have the days your job is the nights)

2nd If you wife is acting hormonal go with the flow whatever you do not tell her it is the hormones.

3rd Give Sunday to your wife let her go where ever she wants to (her family, a mall, the beach, church {if she goes to church you'd better have TV church on}, a day spa, get her nails done, the Ice Cream store) and you take the baby (this becomes great bonding time for daddy) you may have to fight for this time your wife has had 9 months of closeness now you need the time.
    Sundays are simple you set up the crib where you watch the game or race, living room, family room. Set the room up like you would if you and the guys were going to watch the game or race but the other guys are just your baby so do it accordingly, diapers, wipes, powder, lotion, 2 changes of baby clothes, etc.,. Soda for you (no beer), munchies for you, no big hand doing #1, no Buccaneer hat, or no inflatable Dolphin. No painting your face or the baby's your team's colors.

Laying on the couch with the baby on your chest is fantastic you'll forget to watch the game, and you end up watching the baby do baby stuff. You'll get to see about 5 min of the game, the rest of the time you'll be baby talking, watching the baby sleep, and praying, thanking God for the wonderfulness of your child and praying to God to make you a great Dad, he will, some of the times we will forget and he will remind us.
    When my son was a baby Saturday was my day, I referee Football, that's why I gave Sunday to my wife (she gave me Saturday!)

This Grandpa has you, your wife and the baby in his prayers.

18. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 13, 2007

Thank you all, again, for your sweet thoughts, kind words, and much-needed prayers.

I am so anxious for the doctor's appointment on Monday.

I keep telling myself that whatever happens is God's plan and that He has wonderful things in store for my husband and me... Prayer really helps relieve some of the stress and anguish I've been feeling.

On a VERY positive note, my husband decided he would start going to church with me. I am very happy about this. :)

Thank you all again so very much.

19. anniefan

anniefan Rookie

Jul 13, 2007

Congratulations Starista!
    I was teaching 1st gr. when I was expecting my daughter. She is 17 now and will start college in the fall (to became a teacher!) The Lord was so good! I was not sick at all. I just prayed for you that you will have a very healthy preganancy!

20. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2007

Dave, that was so sweet!

21. Babyface

Babyface Rookie

Jul 13, 2007

Congratulations! My daughters are now 26 and 24. Both married and one of them with two daughters ages 4 years and the other one 22 months. I remember when I was pg with the first one feeling scared and excited. I didn't know what to expect. Everything went fine though. The advice everyone here is giving you is great. Watching the amount of food intake and the type of food...eat healthy, light exercise, staying away from anything you wouldn't want your baby ingesting. Good luck and God bless you in your new life with your precious little one.

22. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 25, 2007

I just wanted to update all you wonderful people ~ :hugs:

I saw the OB yesterday and am almost 8 weeks along. I go for my first ultrasound on August 21 and am very excited.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and support. :love:

23. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2007

That's GREAT!!!

How are you feeling?

24. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 25, 2007

Gald to hear the news...like Alice how are you feeling???

25. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Jul 25, 2007

Congrats :) My baby is 10 mths old and its hte best thing ever!!!

26. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 26, 2007

I feel fantastic! A little "nervous" at every minor feeling I feel in my belly ~ but otherwise great!

A little tired (ok, a lot tired) and quite hungry but I am trying to stay away from the sweets I am craving!

I told my principal (who, incidentally, is also expecting) and she is happy for me.

THE BEST miracle so far, aside from the baby inside me, is that my husband came with me to church on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love:

It was so ironic, as the first reading was about Sarah having a baby.

God is SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again many thanks for the wonderful and helpful prayers.

27. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jul 26, 2007

Congratulations! Praise God for your DH going to church. :2up:

I mentioned in another post that I'm also pregnant... a couple of weeks ahead of you. This is #2 and I haven't even seen the OB yet. :eek: I already have my prenatal vitamins though. There really isn't much you can do other than eat right, drink lots of water, rest, etc. Your body knows what to do. :) I have a 10 month old so I haven't had time to stress about it this time, but I remember all the worries my first time around. Just wait until you feel the baby move for the first time. It's so cool!

I have a book to recommend. I didn't find it until later in my 1st pregnancy and I've enjoyed reading it again this time...
    40 Weeks: Devotional Guide to Pregnancy

28. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2007

Congrats to you too Amanda!!!!

29. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jul 27, 2007

Thank you dear!

I'll check my local bookstore for that book this weekend, or else, I'll order it online. I've been praying really hard, every moment, for a healthy baby. I found some really cool devotionals online as well! Thanks for the book title and best wishes to you and your little one! :love: :hugs: :love:

30. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Jul 29, 2007

That is so exciting! Congrats! :)

31. Starista

Starista Cohort

Aug 18, 2007

Update :(

Hello All,

Thank you so much for your prayers for my family and my baby.

Very unfortunately, we found out on Wednesday that our baby died two weeks ago. :( I had to have a D&C on Thursday and feel empty, alone, and terrible.

I tried to go to school yesterday (which was the last day of planning before the children come on Monday) and cried 90% of the day.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know what happend. It's very hard. Thank you so much for your prayers.

32. rchlkay

rchlkay Companion

Aug 18, 2007

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

33. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Aug 18, 2007

:hugs: I just sent you a pm.

34. heart4kids

heart4kids Rookie

Aug 19, 2007

Thinking of you and sending up prayers. ***HUG***

35. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 19, 2007

I am so very sorry for your loss.

36. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 19, 2007

Starista, I'm so sorry. There's not much to say, but I'm sending you hugs.

37. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Aug 19, 2007

I am very sorry. I will be praying for you.

38. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2007

"When one door closes another door opens;
    but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door,
    that we do not see the ones which open for us." -
    -- Alexander Graham Bell​

Find your other door.
    Three years ago I lost my Mother,
    the same day my grand daughter was born.

My prayers are with you.:angel: