prayers for my family

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by scooter503, Jun 15, 2008.

1. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Jun 15, 2008

I am thrilled to see this thread. My family could use prayers. Here is the background. In December of 2006 my uncle died after a long battle with cancer and Crohn's disease. In May of 2007 my 22-year-old brother had a heart attack (no cause ever found, but he is doing well now...just don't know if it could happen again...he is a very active/healthy kid).
    In November of 2007 my dad became suddenly very ill...he ended up in the hospital for five weeks, during which time he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He went through 12 weeks of chemo (and many complications). During this time his mother also passed away. In May he had a PET scan to see if the chemo had worked. They found spots on his lungs, so on June 23 he will be having a biopsy. Please pray for good results (they are now thinking he may also have something called sarcidosis (spelling?), which I hear is not treatable).
    The last year and a half has been really trying for my family (plus I'm still trying to find a job). Please pray that things turn around for us...we are all in need of some good news.

3. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Jun 17, 2008

:hugs: Oh scooter, big prayers coming your way and a big hug for you too!

4. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Jun 17, 2008

Oh scooter I am so sorry you are facing all of this. I will be praying non stop for you and your family.

5. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Jun 18, 2008

Scooter, both you and your family are in my prayers.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 18, 2008

scooter-you and your family are in my prayers.

7. heart4kids

heart4kids Rookie

Jun 18, 2008

So sorry that you have been through so much. Praying for you and your family. :hugs:

8. Eneli

Eneli Rookie

Jun 19, 2008

Dear Scooter503:

I'm real sorry to hear about all the trials that your family has been facing. It is encouraging that you are holding up and that you have the faith to help you through these difficult times. I always find counsel and comfort in the Bible. All scriptures are sources of strength, but when I feel discouraged and depressed I like to read Joshua 1:9. It says, "Have I not commanded you? Be courageous and strong. Do not suffer shock or be terrified, for Jehovah your God is with you wherever you go." Now imagine that Jehovah, the Allmighty God, Creator of the Universe, is saying those words to you personally, and read the scripture again. Doesn't it uplift you? I also like to read Isaiah 12:2, "Look! God is my salvation. I shall trust and be in no dread; for Jah Jehovah is my strength and [my] might, and he came to be the salvation of me.” I hope these scriptures help you find comfort and hope.

9. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Jun 26, 2008

update on my dad

My dad got the results back from his biopsy early. The spots on his lung show no signs of cancer, and his bone marrow test also did not show any more cancer. This is definitely positive news!! However, they are still not saying he's in remission. The doctor is also still concerned about what the spots in his lung are...so he is scheduled for another CT scan on Monday. Then they will do another consult. After that they are thinking of doing another biopsy (more invasive) in which they will cut open his throat, put a tube down behind his breast bone and then go into his lungs for more tissue. This is obviously surgery, but could/should rule out cancer for sure, and hopefully tell us what the spots actually are.

So thanks for all your prayers so far. Please keep praying that we continue to get good news.

10. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Jun 26, 2008

Scooter,
    I am praying for you and your family. I am glad to hear good news too. I posted an earlier message about my son possibly having cancer and now his tests do not how any. He is not out of the woods and does have to have surgery. Our stories are very similar as the last year for my family has been difficult. I lost 2 sister-in-laws in 7 months and then heard the news about my son. Although we are week we need to stay strong in our faith that God is good and will answer our prayers according to his will. God Bless you, your Dad and all your family!