Prayers for Jobseekers

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by jw13, Apr 21, 2008.

1. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Apr 21, 2008

The hiring season is now in full swing. Some have posted that they have been hired. Congratulations! For the rest of us still waiting, I would like to pray that we all have jobs this coming school year, in a school that is the right fit for us. I would like to pray that the frustrations of the jobsearch don't get the better of us.

More specifically I pray that I get a primary teaching position in my DD.:)

I also pray the SmallTownGal gets the 4th grade position in her DD.:)

Please feel free to add your prayers for your jobsearch. We could use all the help we could get.:)

3. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Apr 21, 2008

P.S. cMcD...may your jobfair today yield desired results.:2up:

4. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Apr 21, 2008

I pray we all get jobs in our DD by this coming year. My best to all!!

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 21, 2008

I pray that those still looking do not get frustrated by the waiting. May they have the patience to get through this hiring season.

6. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Apr 21, 2008

I will pray for all of my awesome teacher friends on this forum. Support is everything! -hugs-

7. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Apr 21, 2008

I pray that my friends stay strong, remember advice they've given others, and keep the faith that their dream job is out there.

I pray that all their generosity and support they have given others comes back to them and that they each be blessed with the perfect job.

:love:
    Lemon

8. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Apr 21, 2008

Thanks all...those of us still searching need to hear that. We are so excited for all those posting their successes. We just need prayers to persevere.

9. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Apr 28, 2008

Thanks for the prayer, jw.

Although the job fair didn't yield desirable results I'm still holding strong.

10. kathy2215

kathy2215 Companion

Apr 28, 2008

i pray that i get a job for the summer and fall. I am becoming depressed with the latest results

11. Beezus

Beezus Cohort

Apr 29, 2008

I covet prayers that my job search this year is successful.
    Please pray for me!

12. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

May 1, 2008

ugh!

I am praying so hard that I get a job this Fall. I Graduated in Dec and of the 11 ECE Grads in my class I am the only one who has not signed a contract for the Fall. I do not understand,all my evaluations, and references during my internships and student teaching were the highest you could get. I made excellent grades as well. I am feeling so depressed. I went back to school to get this degree and gave up so much for it. Now at 29 I am finally a certified teacher who feels like she is not going to get a job. Please pray for me and I will also pray for all of you that have not be hired yet.

13. chica

chica New Member

Jun 19, 2008

The Door is Open and I know it's by God

:help:The door is open just a bit and I know it is by God. I was basically called by the principal and asked to apply for the position, but I am letting my thoughts become chaotic. I know God would not put chaotic thoughts in my head and this is the work of satan, the worry is not of God either. I pray that this is it, that God will open the door even wider when I go into the interview so that I can go through without looking back. It is a position tailor made for me, it's actually the same position theoretically that I currently have but instead of a 65 mile commute one way I would have about a 20 mile commute one way. My husband and I would still be able to commute together as there is a park and ride at the exit I would be taking daily. I've spoken with the Principal [as I said he was the one that called and said "There is going to be a posting and we would REALLY like it if you would apply." I applied, I met with him to tour the school, and I spoke with the asst. dir. of SPED that was sitting in on another interview I had with this same dist. [this would be my 3rd interview, but I wasn't passed up previously for negative reasons, rather it was more a matter of my being too qualified and perfectly qualified for this third position]. I want this job for all the right reasons, I already have a vision and the district is looking to move in a different direction, which surprisingly enough aligns with my vision. I pray God will give me the peace in my heart to not be nervous and to just go in there and present all the qualities which make me an ideal candidate for the job. AMEN & my prayers 2 u all.:thanks::angel: Chica GOD BLESS all u job seekers:wub:

14. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jun 20, 2008

My prayers are with everyone looking for the position that is meant for them. I pray for continued faith, strength, determination, and positive attitudes as your job search continues. God hears and answers prayers - remain faithful.

15. chica

chica New Member

Jun 22, 2008

Keep the Faith

I remember my first job search, and how I sent out literally 100's of resumes, although I only received replies back from maybe 1/2 a dozen districts or so. I was discouraged that in a professional realm such as education that districts didn't even reply back with a simple form letter letting me know I wasn't a candidate for the job.

I pray that those of you just getting out of college will find a job you enjoy and will keep you in the field for the long haul.

I pray that those of you just about to get tenure/continuing contract, but have found yourself searching for jobs once again, will get another job and this time it will be for long-term. I pray you will never again have to go through the demeaning process of getting a "pink slip" even though you had good peformance reviews and put your all into your job while you were there. Keep the faith, there are so many students out there that need you.

I pray for those of you that have become victims of budget cuts and the money game which plagues education.

I pray that we can someday integrate faith and values into our lessons without fear of losing our jobs [even though I push the envelope and sometimes do it anyhow! :whistle:

I pray that the world of education will stop losing quality teachers because they are overworked, underpaid, and simply not appreciated [or understood... because NO teachers do not get paid to have their summers off!] :|

Please keep the faith, hang in there, God will provide we all know he has a plan for each of us, and if this is indeed your "calling" don't give up. DON'T LOSE FAITH BROTHERS & SISTERS! :hugs:

God Bless all of you!
    CHICA :angel:

16. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Jun 22, 2008

I pray that I can make ends meet. I pray for less stress. I pray for everyone in this post! Amen

17. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Jun 22, 2008

Dear Lord,
    I pray right now for those that are searching for a job! I pray that is exactly the job you want them in. I pray for patience as they search and I pray that there interviews go well. I pray also that they are able to meet there needs with money until something comes along. I pray for myself that when the time comes and I finish school I will find the job you want me to have. Thank you for doing things in your time. IN Jesus' Name, Amen

Remember not to give up! Jesus is there with you guys helping you find a job! Good luck to you all. I am sure I will know one day how hard it can be to find a job after college. Keep praying and having faith that God will get you/us through life's difficulties. :)

18. ComputerGuy

ComputerGuy New Member

Jul 21, 2008

Please pray

Little background:

Two weeks ago I interviewed for a District Technology Position at another school district. Everything went well.

I get a call the next day with bad and good news, The bad was they offered it to another lady that already had six years experience at this position.

The good news (for me) was that she already signed her contract with her current school a few months back. She was unsure if they would let her out being this close to the school season.

This would be a huge blessing for my wife and I because of the opportunity and increase in pay (double what I make now at my current school). We really need this job.

They were supposed to vote on the lady's contract and letting her out last Monday. Well I haven't heard anything and called the superintendent I interviewed with last Thursday to see whats going on. He said that he hasn't heard her from the lady and has been trying to call her and has been having little luck. He said she went on vacation for the whole week last week.

We ended up finding out that they canceled her school board meeting last Monday anyways, and have a new one rescheduled for tonight. So I'm assuming we will find out something tomorrow (hopefully) on what's going to happen with me.

It has been a long and stressful two weeks for my wife and I :(

At this point it could go either way, they may let he out of her contract with no issues. Or they may decide to hold her to it because she has been there six years and finding a suitable replacement that knows the networks and computer systems this close to the school season would be next to impossible.

I honestly feel like this new position and school is where I'm supposed to be, especially since my contract signing has been delayed until next week...I haven't had to sign mine yet...there has to be a reason for this. But I know either way it's in God's hands, so please pray for his will in both of our fate's.

19. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Jul 21, 2008

I continue to pray for all still in the process of find a job! It is an emotional struggle for many of us.

I am asking for prayers as I have my first interview since I began this process.

Bless you all!

20. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Aug 15, 2008

I pray for everyone to find where God wants them. I pray that we all keep our faith that God will take care of us.

Please pray for the right job to come my way. I have had too many negative placements.