Prayers for a teaching job

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by shadyleafytree, May 1, 2009.

1. shadyleafytree

shadyleafytree Rookie

May 1, 2009

I am finding it difficult to find a job for the fall. I feel like I applied everywhere and I haven't heard from any place. My district informed me they're looking for people with at least 3 years experience (how am I supposed to get it if I can't find a job to begin with?).

I'm really anxious and nervous and I don't know what to do next...

3. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

May 3, 2009

I will pray for you but try everything. Try private and charter schools. You might also try to be a teacher's aide esp for special ed. if you cannot find anything else. You could also do subbing. You might sign up with Kelly Educational Staffing. They employ substitute teachers. You can contact the nearest kelly services office in your area or go on their website.

4. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

May 4, 2009

5. LadyBug Scholar

LadyBug Scholar Rookie

Jun 9, 2009

I totally understand what you are going through. I have been trying to find a teaching position for over a year now. I have total faith that you and I will find the right teaching position for the fall. Stay positive, and everything will work out. I will be praying for you.

6. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Jun 9, 2009

I see there are more and more prayer requests going up since the budget cuts and layoffs started! I'm sorry you're in that boat! There's something out there for you! Will be praying--hang in there!

7. Austinite

Austinite New Member

Jun 9, 2009

I amm praying for God's direction in my life. I am a certified teacher and been teaching for 7 years but feel that teaching in the classroom may not be where I am suppose to be. I am at a point in my life where I can do what I want but not sure what else to do with a teaching degree.

Thanks

8. Mrs. Porter

Mrs. Porter Rookie

Jun 17, 2009

This is such a difficult place for you. You are well qualified, and you just need to get in and start teaching. Before I taught I subbed, worked for the before and after school programs, and I was an aide. Just get into the school system and go over and beyond to stand out. I will pray for you.

9. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jun 17, 2009

I will pray for you, in the meantime, go by and take homemade brownies to the office staff in the superintendent's office. Let them know you're willing to work.

10. Mrs. Porter

Mrs. Porter Rookie

Jun 18, 2009

Great idea!! I might do that for my office staff over the summer!

11. Knit happy

Knit happy New Member

Jun 21, 2009

I will keep you in my prayers. Trust in the Lord to provide for all your needs....he will direct your path. Ask Him to give you insight into areas that you might not have thought of on your own. It seems like substitute teachers are always in demand! Often its the best way to step into a long-term sub position, and once known by administration, you will have an edge for positions as they open. Think outside the box, are there city or county recreation and parks services that offer classes after school...this may be a way to pick up a few extra dollars teaching. Also, hang your shingle out there as a tutor; print up a few brocures at the local copy place and bring them around to all the school districts to be posted in teacher's lounges; or maybe to be included in any campus newsletters that go out to parents & families. Hang in there. "Trust in the lord and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your path."