Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by treysmom, Mar 22, 2006.

1. treysmom

treysmom Comrade

Mar 22, 2006

I am requesting prayers for my family. On February 25th, my ex husband experienced either a siezure or heart attack. He was on life support for two weeks. He passed away on March 12th at the age of 44. The worst part of this whole nightmare is that my 16 year old son has just lost his dad. As a mom it is terrible to see your child suffering and know that there is no way to fix this. Thank you for allowing me this time.

3. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 22, 2006

How hard for him to have to deal with. I will definitely keep your family in my prayers.

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 22, 2006

There's no best age to lose a parent, but 16 is a pretty rough one, I know. I'm glad you're there to support your boy. Are there any grief counseling services in your area? It might be good to look into - and to remind the kid that it's okay to get help with something like this, because it IS tough.

Tell him that it's perfectly normal to be totally torn apart one hour and fine the next. It's perfectly normal to have trouble functioning, and it's perfectly normal to seem to be functioning perfectly (and then have the roof sort of fall in, from time to time, long after the event).

Web sites that invoke the name of Elisabeth Kubler-Ross (On Death and Dying) may be useful, if he wants something to supplement counseling or if he doesn't want counseling per se. If there's a large hospital in your area, there may even be a peer group for kids who have lost parents.

Blessings and healing to both of you.