Praxis results by mail????

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by bamafan, Jul 9, 2006.

1. bamafan

bamafan Rookie

Jul 9, 2006

I noticed that the results are tentatively set to be mailed July 11. Could someone who has taken the test in the past tell me how accurate these approximate mailing dates are? I refuse to give them $25 to find the score out early but I am pretty antsy.

3. Lab Lady

Lab Lady Rookie

Jul 10, 2006

I spent the $25 and called. If you can wait then do it. I think those dates are accurate and we should be getting the paper results around Friday.

After I found out I passed, I asked my husband if he was getting me a present for passing.

He said, " I gave you $25 and you already spent it."

ARRRGGH!

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 10, 2006

Lab Lady, if you've got test taking issues or issues about the material you tested on, please buy yourself a present for passing, or at least make the hubby take you out for a nice dinner! We really do need to see less terror about the tests and more celebrating of successes.

5. bamafan

bamafan Rookie

Jul 10, 2006

Well I can wait on the results to come via mail. I don't have a job riding on it or anything, I just took the Middle School Math to try and add a "highly qualified" endorsement to my social science certificate since the state is allowing us to do that. I think it is kinda funny they make this stink about having 32 hours with 19 at the 300 level or higher to be highly qualified and then pass a rul saying if you can pass one test on one day then you can be highly qualified in another subject. It goes to show what a farce this whole NCLB is. It is nothing more than a big business, corporate money making scam endorsed by the federal government. I mean come on, I took one math class in college and if I managed to pass this one test then I could technically be just as "qualified" as someone with a mathematics degree in education to teach 4th through 8th grade math. Oh well, I look at it like this, if I passed and someday I am needed to teach a middle school math class I will. I feel I am quite capable of doing such. No matter what NCLB says....LOL

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 10, 2006

You can look at it as a farce, or you can look at it as a sign of desperation: it's hard to entice the math majors into middle- and high-school education, and even in California it's even harder to entice good teachers back to school to pick up the credit hours in math. The alternative is very few math classes that are very full, and from where I sit, that's worse.

7. Lab Lady

Lab Lady Rookie

Jul 13, 2006

Wednesday I received a letter in the mail from ETS. It said that I met the requirements for my state from my June 10th test so I will get a refund for the August 5th.

I didn't get my actual scores today so hopefully tomorrow.

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 14, 2006

I trust you'll be celebrating with some of that refund...

9. f'inPraxis

f'inPraxis New Member

Jun 14, 2008

score

This is what I did. Last time I took the test I registered for the one I wanted to take in April as well as the test in May. (Just in case I did not pass) The deadline to register for the test is after you get your scores so it is a good idea. (ETS refunds your money if you passed.) I was also very antsy about getting my score, so I signed in to my praxis account to get the phone number and I noticed that my admission ticket to the May test was no longer there. HHMMMM!!! I called ETS to inquire about the missing ticket and I was told that if that happens that means that I have a passing score on record for the test I was registered for. I did not know my actual score, but I knew that I passed. They are very accurate with the mailing dates. I know it seems like you are spending more money doing it my way, but if you didn't pass you have to take it again anyway, so you will be registered and if you did you will get your money back. If you pay the $30 to get your score you don't get it back.

Hope you passed, I think this whole test is a scam.

10. f'inPraxis

f'inPraxis New Member

Jun 14, 2008

Please Pray for me

I am a MESS!!! I have taken the English content area exam four times. I just took the fourth one this morning. I am a horrible test taker and I never feel good about the test when I come out. I felt the same way today and this time I really need to have passed it. Yesterday, I got a phone call from a principal that I had interviewed with earlier in the day. He told me that he wants me to be part of his team and that he has heard wonderful things about me from all my references. The job offer came with a huge BUT! I had mentioned in the interview that I had passed the PLT and that I would be taking the Content exam today. (I left out the part about it being the 4th time I was taking it) Anyway, he told me the teaching job, along with a coaching position were mine as long as I passed the test today. Like I said I left the test still not sure that I passed, I am MESS! I keep praying, but the more the better. So please keep me in your prayers, I just want to be a teacher!

11. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 14, 2008

Welcome to A to Z, f'inPraxis. You're in a difficult situation, and you have my sympathies.

If you end up having to take the test again, you may find that some of the threads and resources here are helpful. In particular, have a look at the thread "Elmer's English resources".

12. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jun 14, 2008

I think a $25 fee for an automated phone call is a rip-off!! With that said, I paid the fee to get my scores by phone :p

The way I see it, if $25 brings you piece of mind (or rather total elation!) than I think it's worth it.

I still hate giving ETS more money, but so it goes...

13. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 14, 2008

Another reason I like NES...

14. Lab Lady

Lab Lady Rookie

Jun 14, 2008

Wow I can't believe I replied to this in July 2006 when I passed my Praxis, I've already graduated, I found a permanent job and then QUIT in May 2008.

All in 2 years, boy am I a loser!

15. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 14, 2008

Aww, Lab Lady: do you want to talk about it?

16. Lab Lady

Lab Lady Rookie

Jun 14, 2008

You mean talk abou the fact that I spent all that time and cash and don't want to teach chemistry to a bunch of nimnuls with cell phones permanently attached to their finger tips?

Yes I think its that bad.

17. Lab Lady

Lab Lady Rookie

Jun 14, 2008

Is nimnul a word?:)

18. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 14, 2008

It is now. (That really and truly is one of the ways that language change happens.)

So what are you looking to do now? Be out of education already, or try a different grade, or... ?

19. Lab Lady

Lab Lady Rookie

Jun 14, 2008

My family and everyone I know thinks I should go back. Actually they expect that I will go back.

The truth is that as much as I like my subject and many of the students, I don't have much to say for principals, other teachers are backbiters and all in all I thought it was at best a demeaning experience.

Now try to explain that to your family and they just think your wacked out of your skull.

20. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jun 14, 2008

Maybe a different school will help?

21. jsteach

jsteach New Member

Jun 23, 2008

First of all I apologize in advance if I am doing anything wrong on here...This is my first time attempting to post something :O/ I had a questions relating to the Praxis results as well. I would really like to find out my score ASAP so I believe I am going to spend the 25$ to find out. My question is how soon can I call? Two weeks after I took the test? Three weeks? How soon did you call after the test to find out if you passed? I appreciate all of your help!

22. who me

who me Rookie

Jun 23, 2008

jsteach,

IF 6/14/08 was yor test date
    You may call for score beginning 7/11/08
    Scores will be put in the mail on 7/15/08

23. jsteach

jsteach New Member

Jun 24, 2008

Okay thanks for your help!

24. JD2008

JD2008 Rookie

Jul 11, 2008

For the June 2008 Praxis scores, you are able to call today. I called and found out that I passed both of the middle school tests that I took. I will be able to teach Middle School English and Middle School Social Studies. So relieved that I passed both. :)

25. f'inPraxis

f'inPraxis New Member

Jul 12, 2008

Congrats! You had better luck than I did. I called today and I did not pass, by 4 pts. I also had a job offer, I am so mad. If this test doesn't kill me from the stress I will be shocked.

Congrats again!!!!:)

26. JD2008

JD2008 Rookie

Jul 12, 2008

Well I have opposite problems i have no job offers but now I am hoping the two endorsements will get me one. Its hard to get a job in PA.

27. newbie08

newbie08 New Member

Jul 15, 2008

Has anyone yet received the scores by mail? I did not call, and am dying to find out.

I hope they are in the mailbox when I get home!!

28. praterteaches

praterteaches Rookie

Jul 18, 2008

Praxis

I thought I would get the results today. I wonder where these test scores are being mailed from? If they were sent out on the 15th they should not take more than 3 days to arrive. I hope it comes tomorrow.

29. newbie08

newbie08 New Member

Jul 19, 2008

In the same boat

Yes, I still haven't received the scores by mail!! :( I am going to check again today, and they better be there! I have almost called each evening, but have held out thus far.

Let me know if you get them today!

30. praterteaches

praterteaches Rookie

Jul 19, 2008

Praxis

Hurray, I got my score today finally! I passed. I needed at least a 165 and I received a 173. I hope you got yours too!

31. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 19, 2008

Congratulations, praterteaches!

32. newbie08

newbie08 New Member

Jul 20, 2008

Congrats!

Yes, I received mine on Saturday also! I took 2 tests for middle school and passed both. I needed 162 and 163, and received 181 and 177.

Congratulations to you for passing also!! So relieved to have the scores now!:p

33. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 20, 2008

Well done, newbie08!

34. praterteaches

praterteaches Rookie

Jul 21, 2008

Congrats to all. It is a blessing and relief!

35. praterteaches

praterteaches Rookie

Aug 21, 2008

Now I am waiting for results from my next test. I took in July 26 and they are suppose to sent the results out (put in the mail) on August 26. That means I will hopefully receive it by the following Friday or Saturday. Is there anyone else out there waiting?

36. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Aug 22, 2008

I'm waiting too. Man I didn't realize it was going to be the 26th. They said four weeks, so I was hoping they would mail it today. Oh well, guess it's going to be a few days longer. This waiting is killing me, because for once I have no idea how I did. I think I blew the first few pages and aced the last few pages, so we'll see!

37. bioscienceteach

bioscienceteach New Member

Aug 22, 2008

I called The Peoples Republic of ETS this morning to get my PLT 7-12 scores. I needed a passing score of 165 and I got a 171. Praise God! Now on to the praxis III.

38. praterteaches

praterteaches Rookie

Aug 23, 2008

What did it cost you to find out the results by phone?
    I have considered doing it, but I'm too cheap.

39. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Aug 23, 2008

Congrats bio! :)

Prater- I think it's $30 to find out your score by phone. I definitely want to call and find out, but I'm way to cheap to spend that kind of money on a single phone call :lol:

40. lowes48

lowes48 Companion

Aug 23, 2008

The wait is killing me, too. I am trying to do everything to keep my mind off it. MrsTeacher2Be, where in MS are you located? I am in the Ridgeland area, and was thinking about subing if I do not pass this test. They are mailing the scores out Tuesday so you should get them Friday or Saturday.

41. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Aug 24, 2008

I'm in the Hattiesburg area, but DH and I are actually considering moving up your way. My parents live in Florence, and DH has an interview in Pearl on Wednesday. This is my first year subbing, and I've gone to all of the training but haven't been called to work yet. If we move to the Jackson area then we're going to buy a house, so I'll probably end up looking for a full time job until I get my certification.