PRAXIS II

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by anncheval, Jul 13, 2007.

1. anncheval

anncheval New Member

Jul 13, 2007

I am sooo discouraged for failing this test by 10 points. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I feel like a huge failure for not passing this test that i spent weeks studying for.:confused:

3. who me

who me Rookie

Jul 14, 2007

Which Praxis II test did you take? I found using the guide from ETS most helpful for the three Praxis II tests that I took. I looked up all the topics covered on the test that are listed in the guide . I read about each and every topic listed and made study notes on index cards. I used the internet, student and teacher textbooks and books from my courses. Then I study the practice tests in the ETS guide and other guides as well. I'll admit I was totally overwhelmed at the start but my efforts paid off.

For the constructed response test, I prepared somewhat differently as the test time approached. I practiced my outlining on sample questions to hit all parts of the questions and I also created a file of activities and games. Putting time in to gathering ideas for activities helped me on test day since I could easily come up with ideas for how to present lessons on the different topic given in my test booklet questions.

If you look through this forum, you will note that you are not the first to miss on first try but you can work that first attempt to you advantage. Look at the back of your test report to see the areas you need to work on. Be positive and use your previous attempt as a learning experience. Now that you're beyond the test jitters from the first time around, relax and good luck the next time!

4. who me

who me Rookie

Jul 14, 2007

Just looked up your previous posts to see which test you took. I did not take that particular test but besides doing what I had previously suggersted perhaps you might be able to organize a study group in addition to studying on your own. By working with others, you have the advantage of sharing study resources. I worked with someone else to prepare for one of my tests. I found discussing areas of confusion to be helpful. I gained confidence by explaining the material that I had learned. It also opened my to other areas to study that I had not focused on while studying individually. Others would probably welcome an invitation to join a group. I limited myself to a short period of study by registering for the test first (before studying) rather than waiting until I felt ready. By registering first and giving myself a month to six weeks to study, I stayed focused and did not allow myself time to put my studying off. Finally, I would suggest that you search this forum for previous posts on your particular test. There have been many suggestions for that particular test in the past. You can't do it all and know everything inside and out but you can gain confidence and learn from the experiences of others. Most importantly, think positive! If you have a good plan you can and will do it this time.;)

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 14, 2007

anncheval, does your score report give any indication as to how you fared in the individual domains covered by the test?

And could you remind me which Praxis II you took?