Praxis II question

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Alaska_Warrior, May 5, 2005.

1. Alaska_Warrior

Alaska_Warrior New Member

May 5, 2005

HI, I am taking the Praxis II - elementary education: curriculum, instruction, and assessment and was wondering if anyone has already taken this. I have the ETS study guide but wondered if anyone has found any other sites/resources on the web or elsewhere that might help me. I am not real good at these tests and I forget some of the important people in ed. theory...any help would be greatly appreciate. I am 350 miles from a road in bush Alaska and am really hoping for some outside help.

Thanks and have a great day!
    Dare

3. KYgirl

KYgirl Rookie

May 5, 2005

I took the Praxis II in January. The test I took (and the one you're taking) is much easier than the newer version of the same test (it is 0014- elementary content knowledge or something like that). There are (I forget exactly how many) maybe 100 multiple choice questions. They are very straightforward and not tricky like some multiple choice tests. Don't worry about the questions on ed. theory- there is maybe one on the entire test. Most of the test deals with teaching styles, learning styles, curriculum, and different professional aspects of the teaching profession. I don't know if you've been out of school for a while or not, but if it's still all fresh in your mind I would say you will do fine. I found a lot of it to be common sense type questions. I had just had my methods classes when I took the test, so that could have been why I found it easier.

I did look over the ETS guide, just to see the format of the questions. Just try to stay calm and I'm sure everything will be fine. It is REALLY not hard. I am not the best test taker either, but I stayed calm and talked myself through the answers. I ended up getting 20 points higher than my state's required passing score.

I don't know of any other sites that you could go to for help- sorry. I hope I helped in some way to ease your fear. I was very nervous about the test and I did fine.

Good luck!!

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 5, 2005

Remember, too, that all you have to do is pass. You don't get gold stars or extra pay or stuff for doing stellar... just pass. ;)

5. Sarah Leigh Ann

Sarah Leigh Ann Companion

May 7, 2005

If you score in the top 10% you get a certificate and your university gets something out of it.
    I took the same test 1 1/2 ago and I agree it was not hard at all. There were not a lot of questions about the theorists on their- I do not know all of them either. I know their names but get them all mixed up!