Praxis II Math 0061 - raw vs. scaled

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by MathManTim, Mar 5, 2009.

1. sleepworld

sleepworld New Member

Apr 15, 2013

Different States Require Different Passing Scores

Hey Groovy,

146 is not the passing score for every state. The scores range from 124 (SD) to 156 (CO).

2. sleepworld

sleepworld New Member

Apr 15, 2013

Hard, but not hopeless.

I took both last year (2012). That year I was tutoring as a Math Fellow in Denver Public Schools and spent my winter break pumping up my math skills with Sal Khan at Khan Academy. With 32 correct answers, I got a 156 on my Praxis II and meet CO's high required score by the skin of the teeth. I then passed the PLACE by a decent margin (maybe 260/300?).

The PLACE was only easier because they gave you more time per question. And there were also more basic algebra, probability, and geometry problems to help pump up your score. I am in a teaching program now. And most of my colleagues were in the same boat, struggling to get the Praxis, but taking the PLACE as a safety net.

p.s.
    Watch out for those 'Foundations of Mathematics' questions on the PLACE. I am pretty sure I missed over half of them.

3. test taker 63

test taker 63 New Member

Jul 8, 2013

Now I have taken the TEXAS math test for teachers , "TEXS" and I passed with score 272 while the passing score is 240 . The test was 90 multiple choice questions in 5 hours . I found it very interseting and well designed and i got full score in many sections of it . All what I need now is to complete a TEP with ECAP and apply for the propotional certificate after the finger prints . Texas does not require a GPA equal to or more than 2.5 like NJ . I am also preparing to take the Physics content knowldge test (computer based ) .

4. JayR

JayR Rookie

Mar 22, 2014

I think this is typical of Education Testing Service (SAT, GRE, etc.), where they are trying out new questions and developing statistics on them.

5. JayR

JayR Rookie

Mar 22, 2014

I used www.praxisiimath.com The author thinks most problem publishers present prpblems that are too easy, but he certainly does not.

6. Candace Lawrence

Candace Lawrence Rookie

Jan 16, 2016

Hello. I know this is an old thread but I am taking he new version of this test, 5161, and was wondering if anyone knows if you can use the Nspire cas on the new version?