PRAXIS II General Curriculum Execeptional Children

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by Chloe Thompson, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Chloe Thompson

Chloe Thompson New Member

Mar 16, 2006

I am preparing to take the Praxis II in April as a lateral entry teacher in North Carolina. I will be taking the test on "Core Content Knowledge" (#0353) as well as "Mild to Moderate Disabilities"
    (#0542). I am looking for good resource books to prep for :thanks: understanding of IEP procedures, knowledge of the disabilities, etc. Any suggestions? :thanks:

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 17, 2006

Aw, crud, I should've read this earlier today - saw TWO books at my local Barnes & Noble with "IEP" in the title. I'll try to get back there in the next couple of days and look them up for you.

The chances are pretty good there are some good Web sites out there - try a search on Google or on Answers.com. You might also want to repost on the Examinations for Teachers forum - "Core Content Knowledge" sounds a whole lot like a multiple subjects test, and we've had rather a lot to say about California's version of that sort of thing. I think you'll find some material and approaches that are relevant to the test you're taking. "Mild to Moderate Disabilities" could be single subject or Other Tests as suits you. I think we haven't discussed that test before, but this is certainly a fine time to start.

4. defygravity

defygravity New Member

Apr 7, 2006

Chloe....did you have any luck finding resources to study for the Praxis II 0542 and 0353???? I am scheduled to take it in June and cannot find anything to guide me...especially the 0542. I appreciate any info you may have...

5. kelomeka

kelomeka New Member

Apr 9, 2006

Praxis II 0542 and 353

I took both the Praxis 0542 and 353. I used a XAM book called Praxis II Special Eudcation (ISBN 1-58197-000-5). I got this book at my university bookstore for around $60. I did pay $40 for an online book that was supposed to guarantee a passing score, but it was a joke and I got a refund. Do not go that route! The XAM book was very helpful and covered a LOT of info. I passed the 0353 Praxis test with a 179 score. I haven't got the results of the other test back yet.

6. defygravity

defygravity New Member

Apr 9, 2006

Any chance you still have the book and are interested in selling it? I cant find it anywhere online or in local stores...

7. laines

laines New Member

Apr 21, 2006

How did you do?

I am scheduled to take the same tests on June 10th and I also am having difficulty finding study materials. How did you do? Any tips?

8. mspivey

mspivey New Member

May 14, 2006

Praxis II 0353/0542

I am scheduled to take both these tests in June also. Did you find any study books? I called Barnes & Noble. She could not order XAM Praxis II Special Education (ISBN 1-58197-000-5) for me. I have checked online with no success. Did you find anything? thanks:

9. laines

laines New Member

May 15, 2006

I ordered XAM and the 353 from ETS online from Barnes and Noble...They both seem to be pretty good, and I will know for sure on June 10.

10. KathyC

KathyC New Member

May 17, 2006

Just wondering where you found study material. I too am planing to take the same tests, I am in Ashland, KY. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Kathy C

11. laines

laines New Member

May 17, 2006

Praxis II Special Education

I ordered my items online from Barnes and Noble.

12. ckes

ckes New Member

Jul 28, 2006

Study materials for Praxis II

Hello! I am signed up to take the Praxis II Education of Exceptional Students (0542 & 0353) tests. I read about a few of you who were due to take these tests over the past two months. I would love to hear from you to find out how the tests were and if you found appropriate study materials.
    Thanks

13. BobK

BobK New Member

Jul 31, 2006

Praxis II

I am trying to do the same ( tests # 0353 & 0542 ).
    Have you been able to find any good study material for
    either of these ?

I saw that Morrison Media had a guide for 0353, but I know
    nothing of the quality. Thanks for any help.

14. chukkless77

chukkless77 New Member

Feb 14, 2008

I know I'm replying to a quote almost a year old, but just in case...were you able to find any study materials for the Praxis 0542 Exam? I called ETS directly & the confirmed that they do not publish study guides for this exam, but were you able to find something comparable?