Praxis II computer or paper?

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by Outdoorz, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Outdoorz

Outdoorz Rookie

Oct 18, 2011

Hello,

I need to register for the praxis II ASAP. I would like to know if you would recommend taking the paper test or the computer test. I don't have a problem taking computer tests IF I can take scratch paper and IF I can skip a question and come back to it later.

Could anyone who has taken the computer based Praxis II let me know if I can do this?

Thanks,

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 18, 2011

Most teacher tests on computer do allow the test taker to skip around. I believe that's the case for Praxis II exams; there's bound to be a page somewhere on the Praxis Web site (http://ets.org/praxis will get you there) that speaks to this point. I do know that scratch paper and pens will be supplied.

4. Outdoorz

Outdoorz Rookie

Oct 18, 2011

Thanks TeacherGroupie!

5. chasisaac

chasisaac Comrade

Oct 29, 2011

As I recall (2005) I could take the P1 and skip around. Personally I would take all the writing ones on computer. The multi-guess I would rather do on paper.

6. Goingback

Goingback Rookie

Nov 2, 2011

I took the Praxis II on computer last November and was allowed to use scrap paper and skip around the questions. I was also able to go back and review my answers. I would recommend taking it on the computer, am so glad I did. I got immediate results and then no longer had to worry about my score!

7. TeachingTime

TeachingTime Rookie

Nov 11, 2011

Either choice is usually ok for most people. While I believe you can skip questions on the computer based version, it's not quite as easy to do as with the paper based version. For example, maybe you saw something in a previous question that can help you answer the current question you're on; with paper, you can easily flip back and forth and look at both questions. On the computer, this process is a little more tedious. That said, the computer version offers a number of advantages when it comes to selecting your test date and getting your results back quickly, so I think it really comes down to personal preference.

8. Outdoorz

Outdoorz Rookie

Nov 16, 2011

Thanks for all your input. I took the computer version yesterday and it was just fine. I was able to go back and review and I got immediate results of my score....A fantastic 185!!! Wahoo!!!

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 16, 2011

Congratulations, Outdoorz!

10. FutureFuture

FutureFuture New Member

Mar 11, 2013

are the immediate scores final?

11. FutureFuture

FutureFuture New Member

Mar 11, 2013

my immediate scores showed a 165 and i need a 167...so i'm assuming that i will need to take the test again. usless the scaled score is different from my raw score?