Praxis II computer-based results?

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by waterfall, Jan 4, 2012.

1. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jan 4, 2012

I'm going to sign up to take the elementary content knowledge test soon. It's all multiple choice and I'm doing the computer test option. I was just wondering if since it's on the computer already and it's all multiple choice, do they tell you what your score is right away? If not, how long do results take? I've only taken paper praxis tests before and it was awhile ago so I can't exactly remember but I want to say it was at least 4-6 weeks to get results. I ask because this determines when I need to sign up for the test. If I can get my results instantly, I can afford to wait awhile so I have some time to study. If I'm going to have to wait for results, I need to take the test asap so I can get my results sent off with licensing applications. For the testing center that is within a reasonable distance, I need to sign up either for the Saturday after this one, giving me practically no time to review anything (I'm sure it's easy, but I'm also sure there is random stuff on there that I've just forgotten over the years), or about 6 weeks from now. They have time slots open during the week, but I don't want to take off work- especially since fingers crossed, I might have some interviews during work hours later this year that I'd much rather save my personal days for!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 4, 2012

I think Praxis never offered immediate feedback on multiple choice tests, but don't quote me on that.

It says here (http://www.ets.org/praxis/scores/get) that official results should be mailed two to three weeks.

4. roll

roll Rookie

Jan 14, 2012

You'll get the results right after you submit the scores.
    I found the test to be very straightforward, basic information.