Praxis II 5019 scoring.

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by goofydad21, Oct 3, 2015.

1. goofydad21

goofydad21 Rookie

Oct 3, 2015

Hello all!

I'm currently planning on taking the Praxis II 5019 in a couple weeks and was wondering if anyone could tell me if the scoring is based on your cumulative score over all subjects? Or will I have to pass on my math score and my English score?

The reason I'm asking is I always score very well in all sections of these tests (this is my third praxis!) except for math. So if I can boost my weak math section with great other sections I'm fairly certain I'll pass!

Also if anyone has taken it and has some good (free) studying resources I'd love to hear them!

Thanks so much :)

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 3, 2015

5019 is packaged as a single test: you pass or don't pass the whole thing.

If math is an issue for you, let me urge you to deal with that. The short, focused videos on Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org) can be very helpful, and they're articulated, which means that an earlier video in the sequence doesn't presuppose content that's taught later. If Khan doesn't do it for you, Richard Byrne's blog Free Technology for Teachers (www.freetech4teachers.com) has an entry on alternatives to Khan.

4. goofydad21

goofydad21 Rookie

Oct 5, 2015

Thank you!! I've definitely heard of Kahn academy I guess I should look into it! Math has always been my Achilles heel ever since middle school! I'm more confident now after some great college professors and classes but still never feel like I'm where I need to be!

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 5, 2015

Elementary-ed math is usually not very advanced in terms of concepts, but questions can require the test-taker to juggle several distinct kinds of operations and concepts more or less simultaneously. For instance, a question on probability can be framed in a way that requires some knowledge of geometry and algebra.