Praxis Core (5751) in Nevada

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by minibear7, Jun 8, 2018.

1. minibear7

minibear7 Rookie

Jun 8, 2018

I have been studying using the Praxis Core for Dummies, 2nd Edition for the past 2 weeks. This book was highly recommended to me by my school advisor. So far, I have scored 158 (33/56 q's) and 160 (34/56 q's) in reading/grammar. I have scored 140 (24/59 q's) and 157 (32/56 q's) on the practice exams offered in the book and online. I will be focusing on the writing after I raise my "scores" on the practice exams for reading/grammar and math. My main concern is math. I have heard that each math exam is different, and that the questions on the practice exams are nowhere on the actual exam. My exam date is on June 26th and I am really worried that I will not pass the math portion. A friend of mine took it last year and she said that the math portion had questions all the way up to calculus. I am fairly confident about reading/grammar and maybe writing. For those of you who have taken the most recent Praxis Core exam in Nevada, how was the math portion? What percentage do you need in order to pass all three portions of the exam? Should I be using any other books? Any advice?

3. Tim C

Tim C Rookie

Jun 8, 2018