PRAXIS 5412

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by Robeert, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Robeert

Robeert New Member

Jul 24, 2021

I think I am misunderstanding something here and would love some clarification of possible. I am taking the Praxis 54128 Ed Leadership exam in a few days. When doing research for passing scaled scores I see 146 listed. I know the exam is out of 120 questions.

If I am reading this correctly, am I right in saying that a scaled score of 146 means I need to essentially get 46% of the questions correct? If so that seems awfully low. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 5, 2021

No, you are not correct in calculating your scaled score. Not all questions have the same value, and in most of these exams, there may be questions that don't affect your score at all, since they will be testing some questions to put on future versions of the test. Some Praxis exams will show you your "final" score at the end of the test, many don't. If there tend to be essay questions then the scoring is not as simple, and those tests will not be able to give you your score on the day of testing. Understanding the scoring of most Praxis exams is occasionally simple, but much more frequently complex. Good luck.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  4. Robeert

Robeert New Member

Aug 5, 2021

Vickilyn, thank you so much for your response.

I took the 5412 on July 25 and am awaiting the results. I was trying to print the screen at the end they have the unofficial score, but as luck would have it I had a legit power surge from lightning at that exact moment. I couldn’t have planned it better if I tried lol. I am almost certain my score was a 155, and my grad school said that so long as my score is 146 or higher I am good to go. I should know by Friday… Fingers crossed!

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 7, 2021

Wishing you the best - the waiting is always the worst part of taking tests that can impact your credentials. On the bright side, other than the "need by" date, which adds a strong element of stress, every test attempt is a positive learning experience, IMHO. Fingers crossed and my sincere hope that your calculations are all correct. :cool:

Just because I am nosy, a post that says "Yeah! This test is no longer a concern" would be nice to see, and, if you do need to retake it for some reason, you will find support from members who have walked a mile in your shoes. Always have fingers crossed for you...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021