PRAXIS 5165 vs 5161

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by bunnywhipp, Mar 15, 2022.

1. bunnywhipp

bunnywhipp New Member

Mar 15, 2022

I have taken the 5161 3 times and haven't been able to pass it. So when I heard about the 5165 version I decided to take that one in hopes I pass it. Anyone taken the new version yet? If so how was it/any tips on how to pass it (currently taking it on 3/18/22.

3. littlekitty

littlekitty New Member

May 17, 2022

I will be taking MATH 5165 in July. Is there someone has ever taken this exam and share your experience please? Thank you

4. miss-m

miss-m Groupie

May 17, 2022

I posted this in another Praxis thread as well, but I think it applies here too:

The Praxis study guides and practice tests are SUPER helpful. When I took my ESOL test it came with access to the practice test, but I don't know if they have one for every test.

I looked through the study guide and wrote down the topics I didn't feel confident about, or the ones I thought I should double check just to be sure. Then I took the practice test and wrote down the topics/key words of questions I missed. I also took screenshots of my missed questions, the list of the question numbers that showed which ones were right/wrong, and the screen that showed the sections of the test and how I did on each section.

I spent a lot of time studying the sections I did worst on, a little time reviewing parts I just did ok or passed solidly, and then a fair amount of time writing down definitions/key words and any related information.

I did that for about 2 weeks, took the practice test 2-3 times, and passed the real test solidly.

ETS has tons of resources to help with studying: use them!

5. Rabia Khan

Rabia Khan New Member

Jul 19, 2022

Hello,How did your 5165 go? How is it different from 5161

6. Rabia Khan

Rabia Khan New Member

Jul 19, 2022

Hello, how did your 5165 go, how is it different from 5161?