Praxis 5004 raw score- did I pass?

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by Ann lee, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Ann lee

Ann lee New Member

Jun 4, 2018

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  3. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Jun 4, 2018

Just going by your total number of raw points, you got 43 out of 55 questions correctly, which is the majority of points and much more than a simple majority. This equates to about a 78%, which would appear like a passing score, but you have to be careful because this can scale to a nonpassing score once scaled. Intuitively, it seems like you passed.

Have you looked at historical data and estimated what someone needs, on average, to pass?

4. Ann lee

Ann lee New Member

Jun 4, 2018

Thank you for your message!
    I have not looked into the data but I will try to see if I can find more information. Thank you!

futuremathsprof likes this.
  5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 5, 2018

The official Study Companion for the 5001-5 series states that it's possible that some questions won't be counted: that nearly always means that some questions definitely aren't counted, which means the total number of questions you're actually being graded on is less than 55. From what various posters have said of Praxis tests, however, the raw numbers correct that are reported both at the end of the test and on one's official score report excludes questions that aren't being counted.

Versions of a test do vary among themselves in difficulty, and scores are scaled largely to compensate for those differences in difficulty. That's why declaring that a given raw score is certainly a passing score is generally premature. With that said, the differences in difficulty aren't generally great enough to overcome the raw percentage correct I suspect you've achieved. Ann lee, I look forward to hearing good news from you in a few weeks.

Ann lee likes this.
  6. Ann lee

Ann lee New Member

Jun 6, 2018

Okay, that clarifies a lot for me. Thank you so much!

7. DezMatthews

DezMatthews Rookie

Jul 2, 2018

Seems like you did well. What resources did you use to study?