Praxis 5004- Elementary Ed- Social Studies

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by ctteacher2015, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ZynGypsea

ZynGypsea New Member

Jul 8, 2019

Hi all! I just took the Praxis 5004 after being out of high school for over 20 years and just recently returning to college. I was really worried! I passed and wanted to share what I did to prepare. I bought the book Praxis II Elementary Education by Cirrus. The book, in no way, covers everything, but it did help a lot. It only grazed over geography. So, I looked up major rivers, major mountain ranges, and skimmed over a globe. The history portion was quite extensive. Each topic in history, I would read over and then look at Kahn Academy videos that corresponded with whatever topic I was on. The book and Kahn Academy videos really helped with world and U.S. history. The book also goes over Economics. I hope this helps, because I know how nerve-racking these tests are!

2. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 9, 2019

Congratulations, ZynGypsea, and welcome to A to Z!

ZynGypsea likes this.
  3. Patrice

Patrice New Member

Aug 28, 2019

Hello! New member here. I just took the 5001 (the WHOLE test -- I'm so tired) and I did so well!! I wanted to thank the person who put the list together on the first page of this post. I bought a month on study dot com (about 60 bucks) and then studied pretty much the entire 5004 and 5005 lessons, which btw were totally comprehensive and helpful! Then I found that guy's list and looked up the things that hadn't been covered for Social Studies -- that list really filled in the gaps on what the lessons missed, and I actually got a perfect score on the Social Studies section which was the part I was most nervous about. I'm sure the questions are selected at random so I definitely got lucky, but I am happy to know that my hard work paid off. I'm finishing up summer break so I studied pretty much nonstop for a week, but I'm so glad it's over and I can focus on literally anything else right now!

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 28, 2019

Well done, Patrice, and welcome to A to Z!