Praxis 2 tests

Discussion in 'High School' started by TLO, Jan 16, 2012.

1. TLO

TLO New Member

Jan 16, 2012

I just took the 0081 and 0084 Social Studies praxis. Is it me or does everyone have a sinking feeling when they walk out of the testing center? I have passed 3 different praxis tests but this one I am sure I failed. How do most of you handle the agonizing wait for your scores?

3. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Jan 16, 2012

I just took the Biology content knowledge Praxis and felt pretty good about it, but I have heard that the social studies test is the most difficult. I'm crossing my fingers for you. :)

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 16, 2012

Hugs, TLO. It's pretty common that test takers walk out of the test site feeling bad but then find they passed.

As for the dealing with the wait, I know that's hard. What I can suggest is redirecting: consciously turning your thoughts to something else. In the future you'll need to be able to get your students back on track after a digression or fire drill or whatever, so redirecting your own attention can be good practice.

Again, hugs.

5. Cerek

Cerek Aficionado

Jan 16, 2012

I just took the Mathematics: Content Knowledge (0061) for the third time this past weekend and felt pretty certain I did not pass it again this time. The last time, I was on the fence when I left and I knew my score would be close to passing. It was....I missed the passing mark by only 5 points. :( I studied a lot more material this time and felt better during the first half of the test, but by the end, I was pretty sure I did worse this time, just because of the mix of questions.

I've decided NOT to take it again in March. I think I just need a break from this test. I WILL be studying the material and I've even started arrangements to find a tutor to help me through the rough spots. We'll see how it goes next time.

In the meantime, I've decided I will also take the tests for Middle School Social Studies and Language Arts. I've looked over sample questions for each and feel I could pass both of those. Once I do that, I will be certified in ALL content areas for Middle School. :thumb:

6. wcormode

wcormode Rookie

Jan 20, 2012

When I took the Math: Content Knowledge test for the first time I knew that there was going to be a second. There were symbols I had never even seen before. I even set aside money to register for the test again but then my scores came and my score was well above the cut line. I am not sure if questions were thrown out or not but, yes, I was incredibly depressed walking out of that room.

7. Cerek

Cerek Aficionado

Jan 20, 2012

Speaking of the Praxis II tests, I'm planning to take the Middle School Social Studies (0089) and Middle School Language Arts (0049) tests...most likely in March.

If anyone has study guides for these tests they no longer use, I would be happy to buy them from you. Thanks.

8. mistermitchell3

mistermitchell3 Rookie

Mar 10, 2012

I've taken more of the Praxis II tests than I care to remember. (I'm certified in a few different states now.) All of them left me with a sinking feeling, but I made it through somehow. Don't sweat it too much.