Praxis 2 in special education

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by sjcgirl07, Jun 7, 2010.

1. sjcgirl07

sjcgirl07 Companion

Jun 7, 2010

So, I am taking the praxis 2 soon. Test 0353, core content knowledge for exceptional students. I was wondering if any special education teachers have taken this test and could give me information on maybe what exactly, I really should know before taking the test. I bought a book for it: Cliff notes for praxis 2 education of exceptional students and have been using that. But just wanted to know what other people have thought about this test or any information people could give me about it.

3. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Jun 7, 2010

It's been 2 1/2 years since I took the last certification test. I can't remember specifics at all. Have you tried checking the student teacher section of these forums? It's a long shot, but worth a try.

I will tell you this though. I had to take three tests (the first one was the basic). I didn't study for any of them. I'm not very good at taking tests. With the exception of one, I passed them all. Had to take that 3rd one twice. You'll be fine. And if you mess one up - you just take it again.

4. sjcgirl07

sjcgirl07 Companion

Jun 7, 2010

That's what I am worried about not passing. I need it to be able to do my internships for school next fall.

5. Emily Bronte

Emily Bronte Groupie

Jun 8, 2010

I took mine 6 years ago so I don't remember much of it. I passed it. I do remember that it asks about all areas of special ed. Although, where I live, you dont get licensed in all areas of special ed. Funny thing is that I do remember being asked what it is called when a child with autism flaps his arms. That is about all I can remember from it.

6. SpecialEdTeache

SpecialEdTeache Companion

Jul 8, 2010

I just got my special ed endorsement this year. Didn't have to take the PRAXIS b/c in my state if you have at least three years teaching experience, you don't have to take it. BUT, that is why I'm having to search everywhere to learn the timelines for my interviews. My first grad class in 2005 covered those, and they are all out of date right now--well some anyway.

Good luck to you.