PPR Exam Help Needed

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by tuankiet153, Aug 14, 2019.

1. tuankiet153

tuankiet153 Rookie

Aug 14, 2019

Hi guys,

I took the computer-based PPR exam on Friday 8/9/2019 and got 59 out of 90 correct. I felt very confident and positive about this testing time. Unfortunately, it turned out to be 238 points which were 2 points away from 240 to pass. It was really suck to me. This is my third time to take the test. I have finished the first intern year. My Texas Teacher ACP rep told me that my intern certification will not be extended until I pass the PPR. My intern certification expired 8/13 and HR department gives me 10 days to submit stuff to extend. They said if my intern certification expires without taking any action, I could have been transfered to Associate Teacher pool. Does anyone have a tip to extend my intern certification this year? You guys have any tips or materials that I can use to pass the PPR? How does the PPR Scaled Score come from? My friend got 59/90 and passed the test with the score of 242. Please advise and help. Thank you.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 14, 2019

If we compare version A of a test and version B of the same test, it's inevitable that there will be differences in difficulty between the versions; this is in large measure because it's difficult to write even two questions that are exactly equivalent in difficulty, let alone a whole test's worth. So your raw score of 59 and your friend's raw score of 59 can't be compared directly. Scaling the scores takes those differences into account and produces scores that can be compared directly: according to the algorithm that the test company uses, the version of PPR that your friend took was a bit more challenging than the version that you took.

You came very close to passing. What have you been doing to study?

4. tuankiet153

tuankiet153 Rookie

Aug 14, 2019

Thanks so much for your response. I only used the materials from Texas Teacher company and Certify Teacher website. I am down now as I well prepare every thing ready for my classroom and school year. The problems here we don't even know how we get the right or wrong answers to prepare for the next one.