PowerTeacher Grading HELP!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by wcormode, Aug 24, 2010.

1. wcormode

wcormode Rookie

Aug 24, 2010

I am a first year teacher and while I have used Powerteacher in the past and am familiar with it I am not sure how to weight my grades. I can type in the weight every time I create a new assignment but I would rather have it be a default weight for a category. When I go to grade setup and then calculations there are not any options. And on category setup there is no weight listed.

Or am I just silly for wanting to weight my scores? I do 4 pt hw assignments and then quizzes and tests are just a percentage. I want to have a 20/30/50 weighting scale so that their homework is important.

Any help is appreciated.

3. wcormode

wcormode Rookie

Aug 24, 2010

Addition:

If I just did 10 4 pts assignments each chapter along with a 60 point test and a 100 point test, could I just leave all of the weighting at 1 and forget about it?

4. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Aug 24, 2010

You can go in and assign what percentage each category is suppose to be in order to weight grades. That is what I do.

For example, for spelling homework is worth 40% of the grade and tests are worth 60% of the grade. I can't remember off the top of my head how I did this last year, I do know it can be done. I am actually going to start putting grades in tonight and I will look at how I did the percentages if you want info on it.

5. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Aug 24, 2010

You go into final grade set up to put in your categories and weights. Then, when you enter your assignment, you simply use the drop-down menu to choose your category.