Pouting =(

Discussion in 'General Education' started by lucybelle, Jun 5, 2012.

1. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jun 5, 2012

In my school when you are done teaching for the day you are allowed to leave. Every teacher has a day they can leave early. My day is Monday, (I can leave about an hour early). But now there's some stupid "relaxation" class thing we have to go to after school on Monday. I haven't been going because I think it's stupid and I have to get home to get things done.

My principal asked why I wasn't there and I told her because I had been able to leave early the entire year I always have things to do Monday afternoon. She's now saying that I have to go and it's going to be every Monday from now until the end of the year.

I'm so freaking ****** off. Monday was my day to go home early and now I have to sit around at school for an extra hour to then sit through some stupid 1.5 hour relaxation class which isn't going to help me relax- it's just going to stress me out since I'm unable to get home. I'm also angry because Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday all teachers except for me and the music teachers get to leave at 2pm, the rest of us have an extra class until 3pm. So I'll now have 4 days a week where I will have to stay late.

Yeah I know, it's really not that bad. I'm just ****** because one of the reasons I loved my job so much was this one day I get to leave early. And now they're taking it away from me. I'm the only one who gets to leave early Mondays which is probably why they picked that day.

*goes to a corner and pouts*:mad:

3. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2012

I would be annoyed too if everyone else got to leave early one day a week and I didn't. Seems inequitable. I would ask that they at least change this for future years.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 5, 2012

Anyway that the schedule can be shifted so your late class is on Mondays?

5. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2012

Is this 'relaxation class' for the students or the teachers? If it's for the teachers and you're forced to go, I would be really annoyed, too.

6. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jun 5, 2012

I would be ticked too especially since others still get to leave early. That's not right! Can you talk to your principal or is he/she not approachable?

7. teachin4ever

teachin4ever Cohort

Jun 5, 2012

I don't blame you for being irritated...I would be as well.

I can see if it were some kind of professional development opportunity that your administrators felt might be beneficial, but to force you to go to a "relaxation" class?? That shouldn't be mandatory.

8. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jun 5, 2012

It's for the teachers. Evidently we're supposed to learn techniques to teach to the kids. I heard that the principal wants a "more relaxed" recess which is just BS. If anything, the kids should have a longer recess for more of a chance to run off all their extra energy.

My principal said she wanted to talk to me tomorrow. I'm not going to just be angry, but also give her other options (early in the morning, during lunch, or one Saturday for a few hours to learn everything we need to learn and be done with it). Not one single teacher wants to go to these stupid classes. The one time I went, most of the teachers ended up falling asleep.

9. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2012

Well, those relaxation techniques must be working... :p