Potpourri

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Grammy Teacher, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Nov 15, 2006

I don't know how many of you like the dry potpourri, but I just bought some at Wal Mart and is the BEST smelling potpourri I have EVER smelled. It's called Frosted Mistletoe. Get some now!

3. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Nov 16, 2006

hahaha

I guess I am some kind of nut, huh? Hahahaha! Oh well. I was just excited!!!!:D

4. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 17, 2006

I've smelled some pretty bad potpuri before its good you got some that smells good, we usually take out a small crockpot/crockett just for potpuri that we cover with liquid and let the smell fill the house. Or I just simmer some water with cinnamon sticks, cloves and orange slices.

we have just about every "smelly" thing out there my DH is a sucker for them. We had one that was really bugging my nose it was pine scent and it plugged in and had scented oil, it was so strong, one of the kids put it upside down and it leaked, UGGG, I have to smell it even though I had to have the kids throw it out. I like cinnamon smell.

5. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Nov 17, 2006

grammy teacher, what do you do with that potpourri? Just put it out in a pretty bowl? I love wal mart

6. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Nov 17, 2006

Grammy, I think I had that last year........if it was the same, I really liked it.

(you didn't make eye-contact there, did you??????:p )

7. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Nov 17, 2006

I put it in baskets and in the bottom of silk floral arrangements,and baskets in the basement to make it smell better down there!

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Nov 18, 2006

The pretty smells from mine never seem to last very long. Do you ever add liquid scent to them?

9. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Nov 19, 2006

I have added liquid in the past, but I can't find a liquid smell that I really like. They are always too strong like bad perfume! Yea, the smells don't seem to last long, so I just figure they are for the holidays and that's the end of them. After a while, I take them to work for the kids to glue onto stuff.