PostSecret, ... the AtoZ version...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Crzy_ArtTeacher, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Mar 24, 2009

I'm not sure if many of you have had the wonderful opportunity of following the PostSecret website, but I have for the past couple of years. To sum it up, people send in their secrets on a postcard to the website anonymously for all to see. Every Sunday the website is updated with new secrets and they are both touching and occasionally disturbing at the same time.

I was thinking we could try, a more appropriate and tame, version of the post secret on A to Z. I guess I'll begin...

My DH hates that I bite my nails and constantly asks me to stop. I always promise him I'll try,... yet I have no intentions of stopping.

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Mar 24, 2009

I am unemployed, on unemployment. I keep telling everyone that I will get a job soon, but I really enjoy not working. I don't know if I want to go back to work.

4. socaligirl

socaligirl Rookie

Mar 24, 2009

My classes are online, so right now I am home until I go to work at night. Whenever my bf calls to say he's on his way home, I pick up real quick and put away the laundry. Then I tell him I've been cleaning all day...when I've actually been surfing the net and catching up on tv. :whistle:

5. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Mar 24, 2009

Post Secret is one of my favorite websites! Have you ever checked out "Not Always Right?"

My husband thinks I'm sentimental about the bedspread his mother gave us all those years ago, but I'm really just too lazy to wad the hideous thing up and burn it. That's why I seldom make up our bed, though.

6. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Mar 24, 2009

HA! I hear you, old teacher!! It's a pitence, and I HATE filling out the form. But it IS money.

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 25, 2009

:lol: This is what I'm planning to do during Spring break!! Also, if anyone stops by and the house isn't really that clean I pick up a broom on my way to answer the door and say OH hi...you just caught me cleaning! :whistle:

8. socaligirl

socaligirl Rookie

Mar 25, 2009

:lol:

You would think my bf would catch on when it's 10:00 at night and I'm cleaning the bathroom, but he's clueless.

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 25, 2009

:rolleyes: Most men are.

10. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2009

I keep telling DF everything will be ok once I find a job and he gets back in school. But I secretly wonder if I will find a job, if we'll find the money for him to go to school, and what this year of living apart is going to do to our relationship.

Psst... I'm a worry-wart and he's banned me from it, so I have to tell you guys :)

11. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Mar 25, 2009

Chebrutta that's what we're here for! No worries this is your place to vent.

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2009

My christmas tree is still up.

13. nayelismom

nayelismom Rookie

Mar 25, 2009

:lol: OMG!! This is hilarious!!!! :lol:

I can't think of anything!!! :banghead: but once I do, I'll be back

14. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 25, 2009

:lol: With all of the snow that I've had this week, I was seriously missing having my christmas lights up.

15. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Mar 25, 2009

When I was about ten I would spend hours just walking around a tree in my yard. I did this so much that eventually you could see the path where I walked and you could see it for a couple of years after I stopped walking around the tree.

16. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 25, 2009

Oh, these are great!! My Christmas wrapping paper is still in a corner of my bedroom.

I had 12 months of recurring unauthorized charges on my credit card and when I finally reported them, the lady in the fraud department was amazed that I just noticed them. :blush: I told her I had been busy.

17. Superteacher81

Superteacher81 Comrade

Mar 25, 2009

Sometimes, I use "baby talk" with my dog. And no one else is around, if they were, I'd look like a nut :whistle:

18. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 25, 2009

Several years ago my husband bought me this huge coffee cup planter/saucer with a ROOSTER on it. He was so proud and just knew I would love it. I do NOT. I turned it around backwards so I couldn't see the rooster and he said, "Oh, you have it backward!" To this day it sits on the kitchen counter and I hate it!
    P.S. I don't like roosters and chickens and it goes with absolutely nothing! :lol:

19. nayelismom

nayelismom Rookie

Mar 25, 2009

:cool: Hah! Got one!

My husband thinks that I like to watch Nip Tuck because I like the plot. I really watch it so I can see Dr. Christian Troy's beautiful, sexy bod over and over again. :eek: :whistle:

20. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Mar 25, 2009

My best friend is mentally unstable and her husband, my husband's best friend, is making things worse with his self absorbed-egocentric attitude.

21. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2009

:lol:This is great! And I'm with poster #1...I still bite my nails; my hubby can't believe it and I'm not giving it up! :lol: It's rather calming don't ya think, Art Teacher? :lol:

ok; here's a new one...I'm over 45 and I still swallow my gum!!! My kids have no idea!!!! GULP; yum! :lol:

22. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Mar 25, 2009

I like Adam Sandler movies.

23. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 26, 2009

I really like Air Supply

24. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Mar 26, 2009

TeacherSandra - I am a gum swallower too. I just told my boyfriend and he laughed all night about it! No one else knows

25. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Mar 26, 2009

:haha: hehehehehe :)

26. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Mar 26, 2009

I resigned from my job in mid-Feb. Most of the people at my church still think I work there, and I don't want to have to get into the reasons I quit, so I just go along with it.

I was supposed to finish grad school last summer. I'm still working on my thesis, but I am trying really hard to have it done by this summer. :whistle:

When I don't have a sub job, I hang out all day in my pajamas until 30 minutes before my family gets home, then I change. ;)

27. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Mar 26, 2009

I finally thought of one.

I tracked down my ex-husband by using the internet. I know that he's remarried, but I don't know if they have produced any offspring. (My husband knows all this.)

I'd really like to "stalk" him - just to see what he looks like, what his new wife looks like, and if he ever straightened out his miserable, pathetic life. (I just haven't been to Iowa in a LONG time.)

ETA: I need to check his house out on Google street view when I get home!!

28. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 26, 2009

See if he's on Myspace or Face Book LOL That's what I would do if i had an ex husband! :lol:

29. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Mar 26, 2009

TeacherNY - I just checked Facebook. There are 12 pages of people with his name - obviously, a very common name. I doubt that any of them are him. There are guys with his name who are African American, Canadian, English, Australian, all over the US. Oh, one was a Duke Faculty member. I don't think that's him either!!!

I did check Google street view. He lives in an older neighborhood. Not too bad. (But, mine is nicer!! :) )

30. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 26, 2009

Oh boy :lol: Well, just imagine his house needing a lot of work ;)
    I never thought to look up my ex fiance. I don't really care what he's doing. I do know he was married for a year before he found out his wife was a closet crack user. They're divorced now. If he had the nerve to ever contact me i'd just :toofunny: hahahahha

31. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Mar 26, 2009

I lol'ed at: My Christmas tree is still up.

I won't eat popsicles for fear of splinters.

32. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Mar 26, 2009

I think all wild animals are rabid until they prove otherwise.

33. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Mar 26, 2009

I am a sinful individual cause I just can't stop acting like an animal.:eek::blush:

34. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Mar 26, 2009

I go out to eat breakfast with my husband on Saturday mornings because I know he loves it. But I hate it, and would rather be sleeping in.

That's awful, isn't it. I feel terrible. He doesn't know how I really feel, though.

35. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 27, 2009

I purposefully set out any piles of laundry when my mother comes over, because I know she will wash them, fold them, and put them away for me!

(she's coming over in the morning to watch my kids...I stripped our beds :eek:)

36. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Mar 27, 2009

lol!

I swallow my gum too.

I eat pancakes with my hands...plain...and they have to be from bisquick.

My boyfriend got me some purple jewelry for our 2 year mark...and I really don't like it. I wore it and told him it was great...

37. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Mar 27, 2009

I don't "forget" my hair in the shower drain, I just hate picking it up it really grosses me out.

DH takes care of it all the time :)

38. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Mar 27, 2009

This is WAAAY too much information, but here goes: (look away now or it will be too late!)

If I hear my husband fart, I won't have sex with him that night. Few things make me actually physically ill faster than hearing someone fart.

39. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2009

:lol:
    We are one group of crazy people!!!!!

40. Superteacher81

Superteacher81 Comrade

Mar 27, 2009

I'm addicted to New Kids on the Block! I was a fan back in the day when I was 8, but since the reunion, I can't get enough!

I joined twitter just to "follow" Donnie Wahlberg! :woot:

41. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Mar 27, 2009

:confused: Why didn't I look away?!?!

I'm not all that into movies and a lot of the TV I watch is not the "popular" shows However, I see lots of clips/trailers on talk shows. Sometimes I act like I've seen/watched things I wouldn't dream of actually seeing just to make conversation in the lounge.:whistle: