posting state standards

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MrsM1, Sep 6, 2007.

1. MrsM1

MrsM1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2007

Hi from TExas.
    I was wondering if anyone here posts their state standards in the classroom. If you do how do you post them and keep them organized?
    Thanks

3. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2007

I copied and pasted mine into a word document. Then I printed them out and laminated them color coded (each subject is one color). It has been a life saver.

Also, when I have to print out things for my displays- it is really easy to do- I just go into the document and do a search. Then I just copy & paste it into my document :)

4. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Sep 7, 2007

I did the same exact thing as LovestoTeach

5. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Sep 7, 2007

MrsM1~What grade/subject do you teach? I'm 6th and 8th grade ELA, in TX. I would not post the TEKS in my room...they would take up too much space. But I would post the TAKS objectives, probably the way loves2teach does.

6. Charger

Charger Companion

Sep 7, 2007

Our principle suggested writing them on sentence strips and then laminating them for year after year use.

7. Lesley

Lesley Habitué

Sep 7, 2007

I printed a copy and hung them on the wall. A friend of mine took her printed copy to Staples and had them enlarged, she can see them from half way across the room-she teaches 1st and there are not as many standards as some of the older grades. BUt still several pages worth. We are required to hang/list the standard(s) in the hall near any work we have placed in the hall. I guess last year the teachers were to place on their door or near the door what standard they were teaching for that lesson at that moment and then change it for every lesson taught during a day-to me, I have enough to remember besides running to the door to put up which standard I am currently teaching for each lesson-they are listed in my plan book, but all I can picture is chaos as I go to the door and the kids are in transition from one subject to the next.

8. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Sep 8, 2007

We have to post objectives. I type them in Word, print them out, then place them on my chalkboard. They change daily so I don't bother saving or laminating them.

9. Ms. Geography

Ms. Geography Comrade

Sep 8, 2007

Standards

I like that idea about copying the standards into word and posting them. I'm going to borrow that idea. Thanks.