Posting Assignments

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Nathaniel Kahn, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Nathaniel Kahn

Nathaniel Kahn New Member

Sep 3, 2019

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are having a great start to the new school year!

I am trying to find a place that will allow me to post assignments online to my students. However, I would love for them to be able to access the assignment and answer it without needing to create or sign in with an email address. If anyone knows of a place where this can be done, I would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you!

3. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Sep 14, 2019

Does your district assign students email addresses? All the students in our district form 3rd (?) grade on up have a gmail account through the district. Many teachers use Google Classroom to post and manage assignments. For security purposes, I think just about every posting service like what you describe requires signing in. The only other option I can think of is SeeSaw app.

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Sep 14, 2019

Google Classroom goes to the front of the class for what you want. Why the aversion to creating and signing in with an email address? As a teacher, I would want something well known and vetted like Google Classroom, sign-ins, email addresses and all. Maybe you need to rethink that.

I put post assignments online to my students in the Google search box.
    https://www.google.com/search? ETC.

Not being at all sarcastic when I say that maybe you need to assess your own skill sets before assigning and accepting online assignment if you can't do a google search as simple as mine. Google Classroom is used because it has a history of reliability. The sign-ins and email addresses gives some assurance that you are who you say you are, and the same for the students. I would think that would be important to you, and to the parents of your students. I would not allow minor children to receive emails under the guise of "homework assignments" from just any account. I think that you should give that some serious consideration. You are new to this forum and you should know that we take the safety of children very seriously here. Trying to get around the safety protocols of sites like Google Classroom makes me very suspicious of your intent. I may be way off base, but I will always err on the side of caution when it comes to the safety of children.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019