Poster Storage

Discussion in 'General Education' started by mstnteacherlady, May 7, 2009.

1. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

May 7, 2009

What is the best way to store posters that are not being used at any given time. I have my shelving set up so that I have a small space to slide the posters in for storage and this is not working! Is there a way to store them other than the cardboard boxes for posters? I'd rather avoid that if I can.

3. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 8, 2009

Buy two pieces of that heavy, styrofoamy poster board. With the boards together, punch two or three holes in three sides--the holes need to line up with each other. Then buy a bunch of those little rings and run them through the holes. You'll end up with a solid "envelope" for your posters.

5. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 8, 2009

Wow - I have struggled with storing posters for YEARS - what a perfect solution :) Thanks

6. forkids

forkids Cohort

May 9, 2009

You can also make an envelope out of two pieces of regular poster board. I laminated mine to make them sturdier and made several to sort my posters/bulletin board items. They can be stapled or taped together with the clear packing tape.

7. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

May 9, 2009

I am shipping a LOT of posters back from the conference for myself. I bought a LARGE shipping tube and am rolling them up. THIS is a tube I'll keep for years.

A permanent solution along the lines of a shipping tube might be a length of PVC piping found at Home Depot/Lowes/Menard's.