Post Office Theme

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Miss A, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Miss A

Miss A Rookie

Feb 17, 2008

Hmm, my next theme is Post Office and I am having a bit of trouble thinking of enough activities to last throughout the theme. My students are 1 and 2 years old. The activities I have so far are:

1. make a mail bag (use paper plate halves and a long strip of blue paper for a handle and color the "bag" blue)

2. decorate a small rectangle of white paper with markers to make a post card (to put in the mail bags)

3. use ink and stamps to decorate a card to mail to a friend.

I am in need of 4 more activities to do with my 1 and 2 year olds. :help: Thanks!!!

3. bcblue

bcblue Comrade

Feb 17, 2008

I did post office with 3s-4s. I had mailbags (paper bags) with shapes on them, and envelopes with matching shapes, and they delivered mail. We made mailboxes (one for each kids) and I got older kids to write to us so we'd get mail from other people. They made each other pictures to put in each other's mailboxes also. We also did memory with shapes and pictures drawn on envelopes, but that may be too old for 1-2s? We sang "This is the way we mail a letter" to the tune of "Here we go round the Mulberry Bush" (thank you Mailbox Mag) and the kids picked actions to do for each "verse."