Post-interview Thank you's...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by AMB, May 7, 2009.

1. AMB

AMB Rookie

May 7, 2009

So I had a great interview yesterday. I was very happy with how it went.:D

They told me they would decide "very quickly." He first suggested maybe by the board meeting tonight, then thought about it for a few seconds and said, "wait! no, probably not!" (It would be hard to even check references THAT quickly.) And then elaborated definitely by the next board meeting in two weeks. So I'm expecting hear from them anywhere from tomorrow (really even today) until late next week or even the week after.

So now I wait...(Nothing new today :down: )

Since they *might* decide by tomorrow, would you just go ahead and 1) send thank you emails OR 2) send thank you cards or formal thank you letters ?

In one of the teacher interview books that I have, it says that you should send EVERYONE a thank you, and that the letters should all be slightly different. Seriously? There were 6 people. I'm having trouble just tracking down all of their names. I'm thinking it DOESN'T matter THAT MUCH. They aren't going to hire someone else over me, or me over someone else, because of thank you's. (At least I hope they wouldn't.) So if I write them each nice thank you's that pretty much say the same stuff, that should suffice.

What do you think?

Thank you for your opinions. :thanks:

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 7, 2009

If there going to make their decisions that quickly I would send e-mails. I think if they're pretty much the same that it would be fine. But if you have anything particular add to a person or two about what they said it could help.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 7, 2009

I would send both. Email them today. Put the thank yous in snail mail tomorrow. Good luck!

5. AMB

AMB Rookie

May 7, 2009

Unfortunately, I'm still working on figuring out all of their names. (I've figured out 3 of the 6 people.) So I guess I'll have to email the secretary. I was hoping to figure it out from looking at the school website...the school website is not helpful at all as far as finding teachers' names. And then I was hoping my friend from the district (different building) could at least find out the dept. chair's name...but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

I bit the bullet and emailed the secretary. I was hoping to be able to figure it out on my own, but it wasn't happening.

Oh well.

6. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

May 8, 2009

Actually, I have heard experiences that someone got a job or the others because she sent thank you notes immediately after the interview. I would send both and if you could say a line or two different to each one.

7. applecore

applecore Devotee

May 8, 2009

Oh, I agree with sending a Thank You note...even if it's just to the principal and acknowledging the time out of the day they and their staff took to interview you. I never thought about emailing them, though. I guess I'm just a snail-mail junkie. Good to know that's the new thing to do.

Maybe I'm an overachiever (I'm so into Thank You notes any ways) but I sent a Thank You note to the principal twice: once for touring the school with me when I first met her and again yesterday right after my formal interview with the panel. I'm thinking you can never go wrong sending a Thank You note via email or snail mail as long as you say Thanks for taking time out of your day for me! :)

8. AFWifeinUtah

AFWifeinUtah Comrade

May 8, 2009

I usually just send the principal a thank you letter. I also do it snail mail. I feel like it is more formal. Good luck on getting a position!

9. AMB

AMB Rookie

May 8, 2009

Thank you for the help! All of the thank you emails have been sent.

10. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

May 20, 2009

Okay, I'm in the same situation. I had an interview today with a principal, super, VP and teacher. I cannot remember the teacher's name! There is only 1 e-mail address available for the school, so I will send my thank you to that address. How should I refer to people in the e-mail. I will address it to the principal, but how do I acknowledge the VP (whom I can identify) and the teacher (who I cannot). I will send a separate e-mail to the super.

11. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

May 21, 2009

Do they have a website with the teacher's pictures w/ their names on each grade level page? That might be an option.

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 21, 2009

I bet the receptionist at the school would be more than happy to give you the name if you call and describe the problem.

13. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

May 21, 2009

Thanks for responding so early! This is what I ended up doing.

14. rockangel312

rockangel312 Companion

Dec 3, 2009

Do you send the same exact thing in the email and snail mail? lol