possibly moving, and soon!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by Shilo, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Shilo

Shilo Rookie

Aug 8, 2003

When my husband came home tonight he shared with me some news I can only describe as surprising. He was offered a promotion and transfer, back to Pennsylvania where he is originally from. For my husband this would be like moving back "home." It would be more money, and we could move back to his old haunts. We need to decide soon. This would be the 3rd move in as many years for us (I worked with "A J Damon" in Ft. Lauderdale 2 years ago and this past year we moved and I worked in Palm Beach), but it should also be the last in awhile. It would be difficult but I think we are leading toward saying yes. I want to give my principal as much time as possible to find someone before school starts, and I'm cutting it close!
    Please pray we make the right decision, :confused: I'll let you know.
    Thanks

Shilo

3. daisy

daisy Rookie

Aug 9, 2003

I know how you feel. My first 3 years of teaching were at 3 different schools. This is the first year that I am at the same school I was at the year before. I will be praying for you!

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 9, 2003

Did you ever live in your hubby's old haunt? Sounds like it might be a good opportunity. I would love to have the seasons again ..... especially fall. Good luck with the planning. Hope it works out.

Where are you in Palm Beach now?

5. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Aug 10, 2003

when doors open

go thru the door that just opened for your husband, AND you.
    You are being given an opportunity that may or may not be permanent but try to settle in your mind that its a good thing!
    You must have alot of apprehension about the new school district you are going to. maybe someone from atoz is from out there and can advise you a little before you go.

6. Shilo

Shilo Rookie

Aug 31, 2003

Well, I haven't been on in awhile since we've been very busy. We are moving to the Lancaster, PA area at the end of Sept. The past few weeks we have flown back and forth looking at houses, schools, etc. We seemed to have narrowed it down to two possible areas. I am updating my resume and plan to submit it to a few schools, saying I will be available to start in January (Hey A J, there's even Montessori schools!). I want to give myself some time to settle in and enjoy the fall season up north. Thank you for your prayers, I will be here on and off for the next few weeks and will then come to you from Pennsylvannia...

Shilo!