Positive Message from a Parent

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MrsC, Oct 13, 2011.

1. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 13, 2011

I had a phone conversation with a parent yesterday. At this point in time, due to years of history, the relationship between the parent and the school (and school board) is strained at best. I've worked with a couple of her children through the years, and her daughter pretty intensively for the past four. She made a point of telling me a couple of times during our conversation, "I need to you know that all of the problems I have with the school don't involve you. Everything good that has happened with C over the past 4 years has been because of you. Please know that you are not included in the negative feelings I have about the school right now." I do wish that the relationship with the school were better, but that phone call made my day!

3. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Oct 13, 2011

Aw, what a nice thing to hear. As teachers, we do need those reinforcements, just like our students do, especially in a time when we get a lot of negatives from the public and what not. Great job Mrs. C!

4. Unbeknownst

Unbeknownst Cohort

Oct 13, 2011

I wouldn't expect anything different :)

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 13, 2011

Yay MrsC.... that was nice of her to let you know that, so you didn't feel that she was bringing you into it....

Keep up the GREAT work.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 13, 2011

Congrats Mrs. C.