Position re-listed three times?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Miss~Blue, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Miss~Blue

Miss~Blue Rookie

Aug 22, 2013

There is a special education paraprofessional position that I qualify for, but it has been relisted three times on the website in the past three months. I feel really bugged out since it is the same position in the same school I applied to yet I got no interview or anything. This online application process really bugs me out. @.@ Should I apply for it again? The last app I handed in said job closed or filed, but there it is again on the website same school same position. Or would this be too annoying?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2013

Can't hurt to apply again.

4. Miss~Blue

Miss~Blue Rookie

Aug 22, 2013

I guess I'll try again, I just don't want to burn any bridges with the school and overapply. I interned with the program over a year ago and would really like to become a teacher someday in that school down the road since it inspired me to be a teacher again.

Maybe they just hired someone and it didn't work out or someone pulled out at the last minute...I guess there are a lot of applicants nowadays too.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2013

I don't know anything about online applications, but since you've applied already and didn't get an interview, can you polish up your cover, resume, written responses to questions in order to 'repackage' yourself?

6. Miss~Blue

Miss~Blue Rookie

Aug 22, 2013

That's a good idea. My resume is in need of a serious overhaul since I have been at my present job for a year now. They just recently switched to online paperless apps and I'm still getting used to it all. @.@

7. doodle70

doodle70 Companion

Aug 22, 2013

Last summer I applied 7 times to the same school and never heard anything. In October I applied to the school AGAIN and got an interview. The P called in May to tell me he had me on his list to interview for a K job if they needed to add a class.

I don't think you can over apply and maybe they will call due to your persistence. Of course in that time frame I took the advice here and changed my cover letter to contain a story (the P said it was really good) and changed the layout of my resume. Maybe he just didn't remember the other cover letters?

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 23, 2013

I agree to apply again.

9. Sinewave

Sinewave Rookie

Aug 23, 2013

If it is an applitrack you can reapply again. I don't think you can do that with the TalentEd Recruit & Hire.

I reapplied for a position on applitrack four times (it was reposted four times during the summer). The fourth time I was not going to do it because I figured, why bother. Something told me to just do it, it can't hurt.

They literally called me 15 minutes after I hit submit. Had my prelim. interview. yesterday, hoping to get a call today or monday, though they didn't specify when they'd call people back, and they didn't give you time to ask questions.

So, yes, it can't hurt :)

10. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

Aug 23, 2013

I know the feeling....I see the same thing happening to me.....you apply they repost you apply they repost.......I say apply again, you never know.

Good luck!!!

11. Miss~Blue

Miss~Blue Rookie

Aug 26, 2013

I reapplied on Talent Ed Recruit and Hire, but what is weird is that it...replaces the last attachments I had for all the job apps I submitted for the particular School District/Intermediate Unit. It is weird.

I just read this really depressing article about the teachers not getting jobs in PA and I can pretty much assume the out of work teachers might be applying to support positions too. A few interviews I went to someone called back all, "I really liked your experience as a support person, but there is an out of work teacher that student taught with us and I am going to have to give the job to them. We'll keep your app on file."