Portfolio Question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by SCTeacher23, Jun 30, 2015.

1. SCTeacher23

SCTeacher23 Comrade

Jun 30, 2015

I have 2 upcoming interviews and I'm just updating my portfolio. Should I include student work/lesson plans/etc. only from my current position (I have been there for 2 years) or should I include things from my previous position as well?

3. misswteaches

misswteaches Companion

Jun 30, 2015

I think it probably depends on what job you are going for.
    If your previous position was high school science, your current position is elementary SPED, and your target job is high school science, you'd probably want to bring in that more relevant experience.
    If the distinction isn't that clear, I would still include just a couple of samples from your previous position to show a range and highlight different things.

4. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 1, 2015

Once I started teaching, I updated my portfolio to be half my stuff and half my students' stuff. I included lesson plans, a write up about my classroom (with pictures), and a screen-shot of my classroom web-site for my stuff (among other things), while I made sure to include notebook entries/journal writing, science experiment books (completely created by my students), graphs/data tables, etc for student work.

I think it helps the P see how my work translates into student work. :)

Show your very best work that would be important for the type of position you are interviewing for. My first portfolio was geared towards middle and high school. My second portfolio was completely redone to be geared towards elementary grade since that is what I ended up interviewing for.