portfolio presentation question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ciounoi, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ciounoi

ciounoi Cohort

Apr 1, 2012

Hi there,

I am unsatisfied with the appearance of my portfolio. I bought a nice faux-leather folio from WalMart (actually quite nice!), but now I'm stuck about how to file my materials within the portfolio itself. I am a special ed person, so I not only include sections on lesson plans and stuff I've created but also edited versions of special ed documentation (IEPs, FBAs, etc) that I wrote. Many of these documents are pages and pages long. I have been dividing my binder into sections and within the sections putting various large documents into clear paper protectors just so it's not too unwieldy. However, I think it looks ugly and unprofessional, and have been considering just ditching the paper protectors, hole-punching my documents, and leaving it at that. Any suggestions?

ciounoi

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Apr 1, 2012

I took pictures of the documents so that I could put two-four pages on one page. They were still large enough to read but then weren't so cumbersome and I could decorate the pages with color.

4. mcqxu

mcqxu Comrade

Apr 1, 2012

I'm sure w/special ed you have a lot of documents to showcase, but my advice would be to either do what mopar suggested above to make the most of limited space OR put ALL documents in clear paper protectors (rather than just some of them). This way the pages are all the same size, and would be easier to flip through. For larger documents I used the multipage protectors, which can be bought at Staples, etc. I personally wouldn't hole punch all of the pages, looks a little less professional. Hope this helps!

5. Gareth

Gareth Rookie

Apr 1, 2012

I think choose the best method that will showcase you info the best and will be the easiest for you to flick through during the presentation. The most important aspect will be what you say about what your presenting. The interviewers won't be able to easily understand what you are showing them so you will have to explain it. Can you separate the sections with separators, this will make it easier for you to flick through and look more organised.

6. ciounoi

ciounoi Cohort

Apr 2, 2012

Thank you so much for your suggestions!