popcorn/movie themed bulletin board...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Jenlovestoteach, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Dec 26, 2007

I got these great plastic popcorn tubs at Dollar Tree this morning and I'm wondering what I can do with them for a bulletin board... thought of saving them til September and doing a "Look Who Popped In" welcome back board.... I want to start the year with a theme and continue it throughout the year... I like the idea of the movie theater... "Now Showing", "Now Starring"... what else can I do? Pictures would be helpful! TIA! :)

3. 1stferg

1stferg Comrade

Dec 26, 2007

I like your "Look Who Popped In" idea. What about a large film strip made of black paper with the frames showing things you do during the year? Highlight each month with pictures or student work. Save it and display it next year in August and show kids what they have to look forward to.

You could pin the popcorn tubs around the film strip and make big popcorn puffs to fit in each tub. Kiddos write their favorite memories or activities from the year. At the end of year share with parents in an open house.

This sounds like something you could have a lot of fun with!

4. little317

little317 Groupie

Dec 26, 2007

Well, depending on what grade level you teach, this may be used to do a sequencing chart for a novel/story you are doing. The filmstrip idea could be perfect. The students could work in pairs to summarize and illustrate a part of a story/novel you are working on.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 26, 2007

You can do it for birthdays... "Popping up birthdays"... either do a different box for each month and put their names/b-days on kernels, or just a kernel for each kid scattered around a box.

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 29, 2007

I saw popcorn bins in the dollar section at Target. They are 75% off right now and there are a TON left. Now I'm wondering if I should get some. You theme BB sounds fun!!