Poll: Average Days of work per year

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by somedayteacher, Jun 14, 2009.

1. somedayteacher

somedayteacher Rookie

Jun 14, 2009

Hey. I was just wondering how many days per year, the typical sub works.

So far this year, I've worked 142 days.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 15, 2009

Well, my last subbing day was Wed., the 10th & All yr, I've worked 3 days a week, sometimes 4. I probably worked about 125 days this year.

4. NYSTeacher

NYSTeacher Companion

Jul 1, 2009

I subbed in three districts and I was very busy! Busier in one district more than the other two as I was hoping to get a job in that district. I subbed for a year and half prior to landing my own classroom. I would say for the full school year I subbed at least 150 days (in one district alone), if not more. I averaged 4 days a week. I was working from the second week of school through the second to last week. I was willing to travel between schools during a school day and got my name out there with teachers I knew. It helped that I student taught in the district so I was first on call for one building. Also, I was flexible and subbed K-8. I noticed that the more flexible I was, the more I got called. I worked in a district that had a person call to get subs and if someone said "no" to her three times in a row she put them at the bottom of the sub list. (Wrong, I know but it worked in my advantage).

5. azure

azure Companion

Jul 5, 2009

I sub every day most weeks. We use AESOP and I'm on a lot of teachers' "favorites" list, and I check AESOP a lot.

6. merigold78

merigold78 Cohort

Jul 10, 2009

i think if you work 4 days/week as a sub., you are doing great! :) 5 days of course is even better!!!

Meri

7. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2009

About 150 - but I was lucky to have a long term position for 7 weeks. I don't know how many days I would have worked without it - maybe 120???

8. oldstudent

oldstudent Comrade

Jul 28, 2009

165 days for three districts, but shut out in the summer.